Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
If you have been reading the 4000+ replies on the other thread you no there are people whos phones will not arrive tomorrow and there delivery has changed to tuesday the 23rd. What is Apple gonna do to all the people they failed to deliver on time. They promised us 19th which is why a lot ordered online and are getting screwed. Wish i could cancel and wait in line tomorrow.

icepick1985

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
geeeeesh, what is wrong with you people.....

.....then you have to wait another 4 days... What's the big deal?

Seriously, people should remind themselves that it's just a phone, not a life-saving-super-gadget needed for survival.

Sorry to be so harsh, but it really annoys me. I also "reserved" the 32gb 3gs and maybe it won't be in my local store by tomorrow but it makes no difference to me having it on friday or monday / tuesday...

best regards
florian

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
If you have been reading the 4000+ replies on the other thread you no there are people whos phones will not arrive tomorrow and there delivery has changed to tuesday the 23rd. What is Apple gonna do to all the people they failed to deliver on time. They promised us 19th which is why a lot ordered online and are getting screwed. Wish i could cancel and wait in line tomorrow.

Past tense on a future date?

Anyway, my delivery date hasn't changed to the 23rd. I'm going to believe UPS (for now) and cross my fingers it'll be here tomorrow no later than 10:30am.

TedB

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
I agree with gloss, we can't say they can't deliver them all until it happens.

Why are we complaining about things that have not yet, and might never, occur?

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
I thought tomorrow was the 19th. Unless there's another hidden feature in the 3GS, TIME TRAVEL?!?

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I'm betting some of the tracking systems are delayed, but Apple/AT&T are right on time for tomorrow's delivery.

levpa05

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2008
Delivery

My delivery date only showed on the first day it was posted for tracking (17th) but since, they removed the delivery date field, I don't even see that anymore. but mine is in AK; overnight it and I should be able to get it on time.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Unless something went wrong with an individual order, I can't see why Apple would promise 19th delivery the 17th orders and not do it. Maybe if you ordered on the 17th you might have got bumped from a full plane. Apple knows better than to straight up lie, so right now I'm assuming they will get there or it's an isolated crap happens.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Unless something went wrong with an individual order, I can't see why Apple would promise 19th delivery the 17th orders and not do it. Maybe if you ordered on the 17th you might have got bumped from a full plane. Apple knows better than to straight up lie, so right now I'm assuming they will get there or it's an isolated crap happens.

and if that's the case, Apple is in for some bad publicity.

dwella1

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2009
I dont know how you can start a thread like this when the 19th isnt till tomorrow for one thing. My phone is still in KY with a hold but its not the 19th. Even if it does not make it I can see why the peeps that use a iphone get a bad rep. This is dumb it is but a phone not a life saving cancer drug. Get a grip whoever started this thread.:eek:

robothero

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2009
geeeeesh, what is wrong with you people.....

.....then you have to wait another 4 days... What's the big deal?

Seriously, people should remind themselves that it's just a phone, not a life-saving-super-gadget needed for survival.

Sorry to be so harsh, but it really annoys me. I also "reserved" the 32gb 3gs and maybe it won't be in my local store by tomorrow but it makes no difference to me having it on friday or monday / tuesday...

best regards
florian

the funny thing is that most of these people already have a 3G so its not it's some massively different new product they are trying to get their hands on.

pianoplayer1

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2005
New York
my phones supposedly still in Hong Kong but I got an email yesterday saying it will still come tomorrow... weirdness

If it doesn't come we kinda have the right to demand goodies haha.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
WOW! You people need to get a life.
Some of you are going to end up like this chick if you find out your iPhone won't be delivered tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbIRuRewGVg

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Darnit! The 19th came and went already? My dad was supposed to drive down to see me for Father's Day weekend the 19th. I guess my dad doesn't love me. Thanks a lot OP. :(

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
my phones supposedly still in Hong Kong but I got an email yesterday saying it will still come tomorrow... weirdness

If it doesn't come we kinda have the right to demand goodies haha.

No, you have the right to re-read the terms and conditions. I'm pretty sure that "deliever by date" had an star* by it.

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009

a) It's not the 19th, so nobody actually knows that they're not getting their phones. Two days ago people were swearing up and down that they would have their iPhones on the 17th or 18th. How'd that work out?

b) So go buy one in line tomorrow and just return the pre-ordered phone, brand new in box.

paulisme

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
Charleston, SC
I dont know how you can start a thread like this when the 19th isnt till tomorrow for one thing. My phone is still in KY with a hold but its not the 19th.

But tomorrow will be the 19th and this thread will still be here, so even though it's not the truth yet, it will become the truth. Open up your mind and take a drag of whatever the OP is smoking.

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
No, you have the right to re-read the terms and conditions. I'm pretty sure that "deliever by date" had an star* by it.

Yeah, I was thinking I saw the same thing, just can't remember the wording. Good luck getting anything back - you'll be getting your phone so Apple did their part. If you paid extra for shipping you can already get that retracted.

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Yeah, I was thinking I saw the same thing, just can't remember the wording. Good luck getting anything back - you'll be getting your phone so Apple did their part. If you paid extra for shipping you can already get that retracted.

I'm not gonna beg apple for anything. They shouldn't promise 19th delivery with emails saying you will get it on the 19th then not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.