Apple did not give rebate.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yensteel, Oct 15, 2009.

1. yensteel macrumors regular

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

After purchasing my Macbook Pro and my ipod Touch, I sent all of the required documents and other things via mail to the specified place, and they haven't responded at all for 3 weeks. No acceptance or even denial, nothing.

I tried to check for the rebate status, but I don't know what a claim number is.

I tried calling apple support, but they're always on hold.

This is very frustrating.

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

Well there isn't much we can do. Your best bet is to call Apple to see what is going on. I know being on hold sucks, but you're not paying for the phone call, and hold music can be really entertaining.

3. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

You don't need a claim number to check your status; it's just one of the options. Your zip code is required but you can use your claim number or email address or phone number as the secondary identifying piece of info. If you don't have the status URL, it's http://www.apple.com/promo/rebate/status.html

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) Hopefully you copied EVERYTHING you sent in
    2) Did you read the fine print - most rebates can take 6-8 weeks to process
    3) Most rebates (not sure about Apple's procedure) are done through third party clearinghouses - again - look at the fine print on the rebate form for whom you should contact

Do your work before venting here

P.S. your thread title should be "apple hasn't given rebate YET"

5. yensteel thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry. I'm really just asking for advice about what I should do.

Now that I thought about it, it's really a whole month. I started counting a week after I sent the mail.

-Guiyan

Since I'm living in a place without zip codes, I can't use it. I tried to use my phone number and email, but it doesn't give me any clear results. The message that showed after typing in the information only said something about waiting for a week after they've received the mail for a response, which made me worried because I've waited for 4 weeks. (one for sending the mail)

- eawmp

1. Darn. I forgot to do that. I'll do that next time.

2. Really? then why did it say in the web page that it would take just a week? I'm not talking about the payment, just the confirmation that they've received the mail and that it's approved or not. That shouldn't take 6 weeks...should it?

For at least a week, I'm still trying to find a way to contact Apple. On the website and the form, I cannot find an email to send mail to yet.

I apologize if I sound like I venting.

-BigHungry04

That might be nice in a way...

Anyways, I'll try and see what I can do. Thank you for your replies.

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

are you in the us? Or is this another country's rebate?

7. yensteel thread starter macrumors regular

8. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I was asking only because I happened to think maybe the country you're in had their own rebate tracking form on the apple site, one that wouldn't ask for zip code since you don't have one :)

9. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Or perhaps the rebate wasn't valid in that county.