Apple differentiates the 2 phones by camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Black Magic, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I really don't like how Apple is differentiating via cameras on the iPhone 7 Plus. I was hoping that both the 7 and 7 Plus would enjoy the same camera with the only thing being different being the battery and screen size/resolution. Do you think Apple will rethink this in future iPhones?

Your thoughts?

2. foxconn Suspended

if they want to differentiate the 2 by just screen size and battery, then $100 extra isn't worth it imo.

3. Black Magic thread starter macrumors 68000

Black Magic

They could go the Galaxy Note route and add a smaller Apple Pencil. Maybe Smart Connector as well?

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Camera and screen resolution. This year ran too but that's not marketed.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

It's not just the camera..
    Better battery
    Better ram

6. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

I actually think I stylus would be great. They followed suit on size n it panned out

7. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

I don't think so, unfortunately. I also wish I could get the dual camera -- that is a really great upgrade. But I don't want the bigger phone.

8. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Economists would disagree with this.

You need to have a high end and a low end. The low end features needs to be low enough that people who want high end features see no reason to buy the low end phone. The low end has to be good enough that people feel like they got a good deal regardless of the price.

The difference in cost to make each model isn't much, but if the camera is the same on both phones, most people would simply buy the lower cost phone, reducing Apple's margins.

Another example. Third class seats on the train. They aren't comfy, not because they are low cost. They are designed so people who can afford first or second class tickets see no reason to take a third class seat, which is meant to provide a low cost solution to people who can't afford a first or second class ticket. It gets more people of all classes, on the train.

9. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

To that end, the problem with Apple's thinking is that not everyone likes the size of the Plus phones.

10. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Is it just me? Or is it possible there is literally no space for the dual lens on the smaller phone? Just wondering...