Apple discontinuing the mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jwolf6589, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwolf6589 macrumors 65816

jwolf6589

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/05/16/apple-may-discontinue-ipad-mini/

How absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want a PLUS sized phone, and I DONT NEED a regular iPad. The Mini is the perfect form factor. If they discontinue it I will be ticked. I probably wont upgrade past iOS 11 neither as iOS 12 and 13 will probably slow it down like what iOS 10 & 11 did to my iPad Mini 2.

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68030

FelixDerKater

It does seem that way. I also hoped they would bring an Air 3, instead of just having a leap to the Pro.

3. Greenmeenie macrumors 65816

Greenmeenie

This article is 6 months old. The rumorsabout a mini pro being released alongside the 10.5" never materialized. But that doesn't mean Apple won't. But i think the window is about a year. If Apple doesnt release a new ipad mini by next fall when ios 12 is released...that probably wont run great on the current mini 4 which is already 2 yrs old...i'd say that yes Apple will discontinue the mini.

But Ming Chi Kuo is predicting that the ipad line will be radically redesigned in 2018. What does this mean? Is Apple going to make the pros completely bezel-less like the iphone X? If so, the sizing will be interesting. Will there be 3 sizes? Will Apple release a mini pro then? Who knows. Will hve to wait until next Summer to find out.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Don’t even hear rumors of a new mini, so I would say it is the end.

5. Loge macrumors 68030

Loge

Those predictions were made before any of the supply issues surfaced with the iPhone X. Given we will be well into 2018 before the iPhone X becomes plentiful, I would expect a revamped iPad along similar lines to be in 2019 at the earliest.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Please use the linked thread for this discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.