Apple Discounts BeatsX, Powerbeats3, Solo3, and Studio3 Headphones in Limited Sale

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 25, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today launched the latest sale on Beats by Dre products, including markdowns on the BeatsX, Powerbeats3, Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones, and Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones. Make sure you still shop around as other retailers are offering even better prices for some models and colors, which we've compared below.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the Solo3, the wireless headphones are now $239.95, down from $299.95 on Apple.com. Colors from both the Neighborhood Collection and basic launch shades are all available for the discount.

Comparatively, Best Buy has the the Solo3 headphones as low as $197.99 in Silver, and Walmart similarly offers select colors like Gold for $197.00.

[​IMG]

Apple is also offering the high-end Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones at a discount for $279.95, down from $349.95. While this is better than Best Buy's $309.99 sale price and matches B&H Photo's, Walmart beats all with a current price of $227.95 for the White, Red, Blue, and Matte Black colorways.

[​IMG]

Next, Apple has the BeatsX Earphones for $119.95 in all colors, beaten by Best Buy with sale prices as low as $89.99 in Gray, White, and Blue. If you're willing to go the refurbished route, Best Buy also has the BeatsX for just $64.99 in a variety of colors.

[​IMG]

Lastly, the Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones are marked down to $159.95 in Apple's sale, savings of $40 from the original price of $199.95. Best Buy again provides one of the lowest prices online, with the Powerbeats3 hitting $109.99 in Siren Red, Flash Blue, and Shock Yellow. Apple does beat Best Buy by $20 in some colors in the Neighborhood Collection, however.

Apple has offered these discounts a few times throughout the year, and the reduced prices are often only available for a short time. If you're looking for more information on discounts, be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup.

Article Link: Apple Discounts BeatsX, Powerbeats3, Solo3, and Studio3 Headphones in Limited Sale

2. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

If they could go ahead and release the next generation of AirPods, that would be most good.

3. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

Agreed lol.. increased talk time will be greatly appreciated

4. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

And hands free Hey Siri functionality. That’s what I’m waiting for. These current ones are over a year old and they’re NEVER discounted anywhere because they’re still such hot sellers. But I refuse to pay full price for these when the new ones will be out this year.

5. ColdShadow macrumors 65816

ColdShadow

Airpods are good enough for what they are,Beats on the other hand,while technically nice,require much more improvements in their audio quality to justify their price tag.
    I had Solo 3 and sold them,now I have B&W P7 wireless and Bose QC35 II,both wipe the floor with Solo 3 and cost similar.specially B&W P7 are fantastic.

6. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Based on this design please:
    upload_2018-5-25_15-41-8.png

I'd pay $200 for AirPods like that.

7. wiffle macrumors regular

Agreed. Need new headphones with W1 functionality but am waiting for 2nd generation AirPods to make the commitment.

8. halluxsinister macrumors member

halluxsinister

I'm confused about what you're asking for. Wired headphones? Because I think they used to make those. Once. But that was... a long time ago.

9. blazerdude20 macrumors member

He’s asking for AirPods but with that style of ear piece. The current style is, IMO, uncomfortable for long usage periods.

10. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

QC35 are incredibly comfortable. Def my favorite. The noise cancelling is also way better than the beats and even the new Sony’s.

11. manu chao macrumors 603

For some people. I for one have ears such that I sometimes even forget I have [AirPods-shaped] ear pieces in my ears.

12. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

No, I'm asking for Airpods, but with a soft silicone in-ear design.

13. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

Another factor that makes silicon tips better is not having to blare music to counter the world.

14. drumcat macrumors 6502

drumcat

Agreement here. The AirPod design is hardly universal. Some foam options would be stellar. Anything where I can use flexible insertion, because I can't even put in the stupid things without pain. My Shure SE535 don't hurt at all. But Apple, if you're wondering why I'm still sitting on my 6S+, it's because I have good headphone options. Yours are not. True Wireless without one, standard acrylic/plastic form, please.

You should look at ears. They tend to differ...

15. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Best Buy prices are better then listed, as are Amazons.

16. glowplug, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018

glowplug macrumors member

glowplug

No thanks. Beats products are cheap, plasticky, and unreliable. The only pair of Beats headphones I've ever purchased, died 1 month after the warranty expired.

not. falling. for. that. again.

17. Jolly-boo macrumors member

Bah, never a sale in my country. At leads not directly from Apple.

18. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Yes and they are at Walmart right now as well. I finally pulled the trigger on the Studio3 Wireless now that they're marked down this much. For those that are always hating on Beats, I wouldn't pay $350 for a pair either, but at ~$200 they're really nice. The adaptive noise cancelation in the Studio3 works well and I'm very satisfied with them at the price I paid.

19. recoil80 macrumors 68020

That's the main reason why I went for the BeatsX. W1 is great, AirPods are a really interesting product, but they don't provide enough isolation.

20. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Stick to sites like slickdeals if you want to find deals, these are normal everyday prices.

For example, Amazon has had the the BeatsX Headphones listed at $89.99 for months.

21. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

These were great earphones. Dual armature! I bought some and sold them for some reason. Wish I had kept them. Loves the removal mesh!