Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has discounted its BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless headphones by $30 to $60 for a limited time in the United States.

beats-w1-headphones-800x296.jpg
BeatsX -- regular $149.95, now $119.95
Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless -- regular $199.95, now $159.95
Beats Solo3 Wireless -- regular $299.95, now $239.95Apple's discount on Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones also applies to the newer "Neighborhood Collection" colors.

Apple's deals match those frequently offered by authorized resellers like B&H Photo Video, which has BeatsX and Solo3 Wireless on sale for the same prices, but even lower prices can be found on Amazon for select colors.
BeatsX -- regular $149.95, now $109
Powerbeats3 Wireless -- regular $199.95, now $134
Solo3 Wireless -- regular $299.95, now $219.99
Like AirPods, the BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless are equipped with Apple's W1 chip for instant pairing with an iPhone. They can then simultaneously connect to an Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac via iCloud.

All three headphones feature Fast Fuel. Five minutes of charging provides up to three hours of playback for the Solo3 Wireless, two hours of playback for the BeatsX, and an hour of playback for the Powerbeats3 Wireless.

Apple's special Beats prices are available in the United States only for a limited time.

Disclosure: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with B&H Photo Video and may get paid if you click one of the above links and make a purchase.

Article Link: Apple Discounts BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless by $30 to $60

jimbobb24

macrumors 68020
Jun 6, 2005
I got Powerbeats3 with a new Mac. Very nice and replaced in ear ones that fell out with running - they stay in place great. However, my wife got a pair that look almost identical for $40 on amazon and they are great. Beats have been nice (the quick charging is very useful) but I think there are still quite a premium.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
Some of the BeatsX headphones are $89 at Best Buy right now. The price depends on the color. I'm tempted to get a pair, though they get mixed reviews for running.

Reactions: bchreng

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
I bought BeatsX new in April of last year for $119 on Amazon. I have seen it discounted down to $94.99 new on Amazon in latter part of 2017. Apple is late to the party...

Remy149

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2016

Apple has discounted its BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless headphones by $30 to $60 for a limited time in the United States.

beats-w1-headphones-800x296.jpg
BeatsX -- regular $149.95, now $119.95
Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless -- regular $199.95, now $159.95
Beats Solo3 Wireless -- regular $299.95, now $239.95Apple's discount on Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones also applies to the newer "Neighborhood Collection" colors.

Apple's deals match those frequently offered by authorized resellers like B&H Photo Video, which has BeatsX and Solo3 Wireless on sale for the same prices, but even lower prices can be found on Amazon for select colors.
BeatsX -- regular $149.95, now $109
Powerbeats3 Wireless -- regular $199.95, now $134
Solo3 Wireless -- regular $299.95, now $219.99
Like AirPods, the BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless are equipped with Apple's W1 chip for instant pairing with an iPhone. They can then simultaneously connect to an Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac via iCloud.

All three headphones feature Fast Fuel. Five minutes of charging provides up to three hours of playback for the Solo3 Wireless, two hours of playback for the BeatsX, and an hour of playback for the Powerbeats3 Wireless.

Apple's special Beats prices are available in the United States only for a limited time.

Disclosure: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with B&H Photo Video and may get paid if you click one of the above links and make a purchase.

Article Link: Apple Discounts BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless by $30 to $60
Decent discounts but other retailers usually have better deals

mukduk

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2018

Don't forget the iPod Touch! The W1 chips and their instant iCloud pairing are perfectly compatible with the iPod Touch.

Reactions: ronntaylor

some_apples

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2017
T-Mobile has the same discounts. Bonus is you can finance them at zero interest and just pay taxes up front. They also have the JBL Pulse 3 for $30 off.

Smilin_Jack

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2018
The only decent wireless headphones Apple makes are the Airpods. Why the Beats wireless models are such junk I just don't get. As for registering the Beats headphones at the beatsbydre.com website, don't bother. This doesn't do anything for you as far as processing the warranty on them.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.