Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today dropped the price of the MLS Season Pass for the rest of the 2024 Major League Soccer season, which is about a third of the way through.

apple-tv-mls-season-pass.jpg

MLS in the U.S. now costs $69, down from $99 when the season began in February. For Apple TV+ subscribers, the pass is now just $59.

The MLS Season Pass offers access to every live Major League Soccer match, including Leagues Cup, and All-Star games. Apple offered a similar discount last year, but it came later in the season in September.

The 2024 Major League Soccer season will run through October 19, and the MLS Season Pass also includes live coverage of the playoffs that are expected to start in mid-October. The MLS Season Pass is available in the TV app on Apple devices and on Apple TV 4K.

Article Link: Apple Discounts MLS Season Pass

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
When can I watch games in Spatial Video?? I need more content for this $3500 headset!

Last edited:
Reactions: eifelbube

tkaravou

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2020
This makes sense, they lowered the price by 33% now that 33% of the season is done. They did the same thing last year but I think it was at the 50% mark.

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

Gooner49

macrumors demi-god
Jun 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
I'd rather watch paint dry. Literally. Who the hell gets any enjoyment out of guys kicking a ball back and forth for two hours just to end 1-0? Nooooo thanks.
How about 3.5 billion fans worldwide?

While that number may not relate to MLS, but the sport is way bigger than you make it out to be.
I personally think MLS has a long way to go before it reaches the popularity of other soccer leagues, such as Premier League, La Liga, etc.

The World Atlas notes that the most popular sport in the world is soccer, with more than 3.5 billion fans worldwide. This impressive figure represents nearly half of the global population of 8 billion, who are united by their love for this dynamic and captivating sport.

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
No offense to soccer fans but this report kind of confirms what I have thought for a while. And that is soccer isn’t nearly as popular in the U.S. as many would like to believe. Yes - it is very popular in certain metro areas, particularly those with sizable immigrant populations. For everyone else, it’s more like excitement during the World Cup every four years and that’s about it. And most who do have continued interest would just assume watch coverage of Premier League or European football.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Supercyborgninja

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2022
It's football. I stopped watching the NBA(except Playoffs) & the NFL for a few years now.

I only watch football(Juventus). It's 100x more enjoyable than American sports.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I was really hoping T-Mobile would include MLS Pass on them this year again since I’d rather have that than MLB.TV.

I still prefer European soccer to MLS. Even though I enjoy watching my Union, I’ll pass on this (even though I do enjoy watching the matches in 4K).

Corefile

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2022
No offense to soccer fans but this report kind of confirms what I have thought for a while. And that is soccer isn’t nearly as popular in the U.S. as many would like to believe. Yes - it is very popular in certain metro areas, particularly those with sizable immigrant populations. For everyone else, it’s more like excitement during the World Cup every four years and that’s about it. And most who do have continued interest would just assume watch coverage of Premier League or European football.
MLS is too much like trying to fit the world's greatest game into American rules. The setup for MLS league and MLS post-season is what makes it garbage. Rubbish teams just need to be in the top two thirds of the league to make the play offs. A proper league has no post-season.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Or it means part of the season is over, so they prorated the pricing now. They did the same last year, and MLB.TV does the same throughout the season.

And just to remove any doubt, the NFL does the same-

Last edited:

enb141

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
MLS is too much like trying to fit the world's greatest game into American rules. The setup for MLS league and MLS post-season is what makes it garbage. Rubbish teams just need to be in the top two thirds of the league to make the play offs. A proper league has no post-season.
That's pretty much the standard in the whole American continent (not just USA), every single league in this continent (America) has playoffs, at least MLS doesn't has opening and closure per season as Mexican and Central American leagues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.