Apple Display stand

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Slevin, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Slevin macrumors regular

I was thinking about getting one of the new Apple displays along and I'd like the option of tucking the macbook away somewhere, out of the way. So I was wondering what types of stands there were for the apple display that would allow me to tuck my notebook out of the way underneath the display or off to the side. I'd like to save desk space.

2. xxmuhahahahahxx macrumors newbie

You can always just put it under the screen on the foot part of the stand or upright in between the rising part of the stand and the monitor.

Personaly, if I was looking to get a new display for my macbook, I'd get one from Newegg.com or something. The new ones are shiny and pretty and all, but they're crazy expensive, and don't have the features cheaper ones have.

You can get a better one (without the apple logo of course) with a:
    • Faster response time - Apples says the LED's response time is "(typical): 14 ms". Who wants a typical response?
    • Higher contrast ratio - "(typical): 1000:1" colors vs. a 3000:1 for $1/2
    • HDMI input - Use it as a TV for you Xbox 360, PS3 cable box, whatever you want
    • Higher Brightness - 400 cd/m2 vs. 330 cd/m2. All the easier to use in the very dark :p

It may not look as cool aesthetically, but it sure runs a lot better and costs half the price.

3. vandlism macrumors 6502

4. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

5. smogsy macrumors 6502a

6. Slevin thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the suggestions. I figure I'll just go with a slide out keyboard tray under my desk and place the MacBook there while I work at my desk. This way its out of the way and I can keep as much desk room as possible,