Apple Displays - Time to buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by imat.1989, Feb 13, 2010.

1. imat.1989 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

I am considering buying a Apple LED 24" Cinema Display, even though I have read the MacRumor product recommendation page which states "Do not buy", I am wondering if Apple is refreshing the LED 24" display, maybe releasing a larger 30" or 27" LED display soon?

I want a display that fits in nicely with my MacBook Pro which has the black glass boarder, thus the LED 24" display would work well, whereas the 30" HD display won't "fit" so-to-speak.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

(Please excuse the grammar and sentence structure of this post, I have been busy moving houses during a VERY hot day!!)

Also, its great to be a member of MacRumors!

Matt

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

I think it would make sense for Apple to update the Cinema Displays along with the Macbook Pros/ Mac Pros. But you never know with Apple. I suggest buying a refurbished 24in Cinema Display for $599 if you can't wait another 5months-10,000 years for Apple to update them.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB382LL/A

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I guess Apple will release 27" Cinema Display along with Mac Pros and also cut down the price of the 24". Remember that you can use non-Apple display as well and there are a lot more options.

Welcome to MacRumors as well!

4. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Considering the disaster of the 27" iMac, can you honestly see them producing a 27" Cinema in the near future?

5. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Yes, once they fix the issues in the iMac and cut the computer off to leave a gorgeous 27in Cinema Display!

6. imat.1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Thank you for your friendly and informative responses, it is really nice to be part of this forum!

Part of my decision to buy a display is obviously, to turn my new Macbook Pro into a desktop.. I need a laptop for uni but a desktop would be so much nicer for at home.

I also saw some Samsung and Dell displays, but none are so elegant as the Apple LED display, (Yes, I am a sucker for Apples marketing)

I've decided to wait until I get my MacBook Pro 17" and then I will consider a display later.

I really hope Apple will create a display that looks like the current LED 24" but in a larger size, maybe 27 or 30"

Cheers!

Matt

7. cjrulli macrumors regular

I don't blame you for wanting the ACD. I fell for it too, and have not yet regretted my purchase. The 24" LCD Backlit LED looking stunning, and with my UMB open next to it, it only gets sexier.

8. Captain Magic macrumors member

Captain Magic

Logically, they'd offer a new 27" (Dell does and at the same resolution as the iMac's 27") and a new 30" would be great (yeah I'd buy that) but I'm not too hopeful...

9. imat.1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

I personally think the current Apple HD Cinema Display 30" looks so UGLY compared to the 24" LED display... I only wish the LED display came in larger sizes!

10. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Apple should come out with new sizes like 21.5in, 27in, and possibly 32in.

11. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I'm a full-time student right now, and I use a combination of my MBP 17" connected to 24" ACD. Yes, I do wish my 24" ACD was a 27" ACD, but that's not what is available right now. The dual-screen setup works for me great! If you can get refurbished ACDs in NZ, I would consider going ahead and doing that. I did, and I'm very happy with my choice.

Good luck!