Apple - do they buy back?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wfoster, Jul 16, 2009.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

I'm just wondering, I want to sell my beloved WhiteBook, do Apple buy them back?
    Does anyone know how much I would get for it? (Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GHz, 1GB RAM and 120GB HD)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Apple does not buy them back, you can recycle it.

3. Neotyguy40 macrumors regular

Sorry, apple doesn't do that.

Although some retailers do, get the Mac|Life Magazine and see the ads for Mac computers and find out who sells them. I know some of them buy them.

4. Redline13 macrumors 6502

Sell it on craigslist.

5. digidude macrumors newbie

You will be heartbroken when you find out how much you can realistically get for it; although, in my experience Macbooks and especially Macbook pros keep their value much better than PCs. I'd recommend giving it to a local school (or teacher, God knows most of them need a little help), your kid, significant other, etc..

Hey, there's an idea for an Apple response to "Laptop Hunters" - show prices of used Macbook Pro's on Ebay next to prices of a brand new POS Best Buy Windoze laptop. LOL. Now they're doing their own stores next to Apple stores... can you imagine navigating a Microsoft designed store? Bad feng shui all over the place...

6. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

You're looking in the $600 range. Maybe $700 if you find the right person.

7. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

Apple does not buy back. Try eBay, craigslist, or maybe someone on the forum will take it off your hand.