Apple does Have A heart

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRiseofTheFal, May 30, 2008.

1. TheRiseofTheFal macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

So recently my iPhone got drenched in my pocket during a rainstorm and was completely ruined, wouldnt turn on water behind the screen the works. I drove to the closest Apple store hoping to buy a new Phone after talking with the Apple Geniuses. Well after I explained what happened, the employee who shall remain nameless told me that my honesty went a long way and pretended he didnt hear what happened and replaced my iPhone for free. I know people usually complain about the service at the Apple stores, but I just wanted to let everyone know that there are employees out there who do have a heart :D :apple:

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

you are very fortunate, they didn't have to do anything for you at all.
    They could have offered u a refurb for $250.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

that was noble of you to be honest, i know alot of people walk in there with a story when its blatantly obvious that its made up. they've probably heard it all and it was refreshing for him to hear someone tell the truth. that was also very nice of him.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Good on ya'! Congrats on your new iPhone and your honesty. :cool:

5. neven macrumors 6502a

I've seen some similar things happen at the Genius bar, but few people do what you did and come to post praise - most just want to rant :)

6. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

That's good to hear :D

My experience with Apple Care was good too. I was covered by warranty for my problem but they were still understanding and everything.

Good to hear it for you, though! :D

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

8. Emulsion macrumors 6502

It really pisses me off how hit or miss Genius bar is. It seems like you always either get a douche' bag who just wants to go home, and constantly thinks you're lying and totally blows you over, or you get the guy that is the best P.R. guy in the world. It's always on one end of the spectrum.

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Apple's customer service has treated my MacBookPro with huge hearts

They gave me a free battery when my warranty was up AND replaced the keyboard due to MY ERROR for free (I admitted to them to but the women basically told me not to worry about it)

I love it

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Your thread has the wrong title.

Apple corporate would've denied your warranty instantly.

It was a person, going against the rules, who had a heart. :)

As was said above, seeing such heart is totally hit and miss.

11. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

They're human, too :eek:

12. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Well i mean with the 3g iphone coming out what use is the old stock to them??

13. darklyt macrumors regular

Think they might make the 3G iPhone waterproof?

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

What gets me, is that Apple knew so well that the headphone jack was an ingress for water, that they put a moisture indicator in it.

Perhaps this time they could include a rubber insert like every other phone on the planet.

As a person experienced with ruggedized handhelds, it especially makes me crazy that they created a mostly touchscreen device that was so easy to crack or get wet.

One good reason for using a touchscreen is the ability to make a device that doesn't have any way for water to get inside. Now that, along with Bluetooth accessories, would've been sweet. Hey look, a phone you can go swimming with!

15. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

True, but there's a good reason why they don't replace every iphone that stops working due to their own error. Not so much in this case obviously there's very little one can do about the weather.

16. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I absolutely agree, this made me mad when I had a problem with my black back bottom plastic case piece. It was moveable - the Genius fed me a line - "The issue is within spec." I asked myself - So this problem is common? (Knowing perfectly well, it is...). But when you hear that others had a great experience I suppose you see it's not all bad, it's just those things make you mad...

17. TheRiseofTheFal thread starter macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

Thank you everyone! the new phone has worked without a hitch, I'm still amazed that the guy was that kind! he could have dismissed me as just some other punk kid, I am also amazed at the negative experiences people have...its unfortunate that some people would have to swallow expenditures of 250 or more :eek: simply because someone else was having a bad day! thanks again to everyone that replied...and youre right i shouldve posted Apple EMPLOYEE has a heart :D

18. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

The Apple Stores are so interesting.

When the 16 GB iPhone came out four days after I bought the 8 GB iPhone, I called the Apple Store, and they said that they'd waive the restocking fee =P.

People at the Apple Store are so nice =).