Apple doesn't recognize second phone number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmatthewware, Jun 14, 2010.

1. rmatthewware macrumors 6502

I went to the Apple Store to see if everything was in line for upgrading. When I put in my phone number, billing zip, and last four of my social, it tells me I'm eligible. When I do the same for my wife's, it gives me the following error:

The mobile number that was entered does not match the billing zip code and/or Social Security number. Please try again.

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Are she and you both on the same family plan?

3. rmatthewware thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, I figured this out, but thought I'd let others know if they have the same issue. When upgrading to the new phone, Apple asks for your mobile number, billing zip code, and last four of your social. When I put in my wife's phone number and last four of her social, it wouldn't take it. When I put in her phone number and last four of my social, it worked.

So, for anyone with a family plan, you may have to use the last four numbers of the primary person's social.

Just FYI.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Yes - if it's a family plan (numbers are on the same plan), then the account information will always be the same across all lines (the phone number will actually be the only variable across the different phones).