Apple don't do this when just 4 months to go !

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vish26, Oct 16, 2012.

1. vish26, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

vish26 macrumors regular

With most of the Reputed Tech Sites reporting this, that perhaps the New iPad is also gonna get a makeover in terms of getting a Lightning Connector on Oct-23rd. How much do you guys seriously think is this gonna happen ? People who are thinking about buying the New iPad in the next 2-3 days it is a serious jolt to their plans do we wait ? Or what ? I am in a serious fix !! :eek: I am not interested in the iPad Mini but a new iPad with a Lightning connector that would change the Game ! :rolleyes: Apple you could have done this in March-2013 Please not now ! :mad:

2. guineapig macrumors regular

People talk about the lighting connector as if it was a game changer, a turbo boost for a device.
    Ok, for the sake of future compatibility it's better to get that rather than the old 30pin.
    If you don't consider the charging time when it's no different than the old, you'll use it actively less than 1% of the time, what difference does it make?

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I doubt there will be an updated iPad3 so soon, but at the same time, I sure wouldn't buy one right now with just a week left until the rumored announcement.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Just wait until the 23rd to make your purchase. It's that simple.... No need to freak out.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I'm buying an iPad 3 for my daughter this Christmas. As I'm on lightning cable I hope they change it next month as it will mean we are all the same. Not a deal breaker though.

6. Agenesis macrumors newbie

I seriously hope not. It'll be a huge slap in the face for people who just bought it. I don't care about the lightning connector or the weight but if it gets a better panel than the current one alongside with significant performance increases I'd be a little ticked.

When I buy an Apple product I expect a predictable release cycle so I can offload the old and get the new. It's not like the new will make the old obsolete, but still.

7. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

There are supposedly 24 new iPad models, including the iPad Mini.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/10/16/apple...d-of-ipad-minis-and-perhaps-lightning-ipad-3/

Does this mean new iPad 3S?

What configurations could there be 24 of if it's just the iPad Mini?

I think it's a question of how big of an update the iPad 3 is getting. Will it be just the Lightning port? Or will it be Lightning port + IZGO display, thinner/lighter design, etc.?

... Can't deny, as an iPad 3 owner, I'd be a bit annoyed if it's the latter.

8. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I hope it gets revised. I'm in the market for the 9.7" iPad.

For everyone else, sell it on eBay.

9. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

Absolutely !

10. bobright macrumors 601

It would be a huge slap in the face, the only reason I could see selling my old iPad to upgrade to this new one though would be if it were lighter/thinner. I don't care about a updated screen my Retina looks perfect, and LTE don't care either mine is wifi only.

11. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

6 months is too soon!
    In fact, 1 year is too soon!
    I demand that products only be improved once every 20 years!

12. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Which sites are reporting this?