Apple don't want you to hold your ipad pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VesselA, Dec 17, 2015.

1. VesselA macrumors regular

if they did they would have made the keyboard go into split mode so you can hold it and type - I can't believe they haven't done this yet, even with the new update.

They must be wanting or expecting people to be using a case on a surface. it makes for a rather lousy first impression for the user when you are trying to set it up and can't even split the keyboard to type in your wifi password, so you have to balance the huge thing in one hand and peck with the other

2. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Actually you'll be surprised how few people know about the existence of a split keyboard on other iPads.

3. bensisko macrumors 65816

You can set your keyboard to split mode - Personally I HATE the split keyboard.

4. moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

The iPad Pro doesn't have it

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

quite strange. They made the split keyboard available on the iPad Mini (it's almost unusable since the keys are too small) and not on the iPad Pro.

6. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

That is very strange indeed. If any product could use a split keyboard, the Pro is it. Surely Apple can easily remedy this with an update, but will they?

7. Skika macrumors 68030

Maybe Apple forgot about it too lol.

8. Xenden macrumors regular

The iPad Pro does have a split keyboard if you set the view option to "Zoomed" instead of "Standard."

I wish split keyboard worked on both options though.

9. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

I'm going to install the SwiftKey keyboard on mine, since iOS supports third-party keyboards now. I use it on my Android phone and love it. It's way faster than trying to peck on a keyboard with your thumbs.