iPhone Apple dropped the ball

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by FrogTastic, Sep 20, 2012.

1. FrogTastic macrumors regular

FrogTastic

Im sure this has already been discussed but here is my bit.

Updated my iPhone 4S to IOS6 lastnight. All seemed good until i noticed my iphone wasnt on my home wifi and no email was coming through. It seemed to connect and redirect to an apple.com page. Searched online without any resolution.

So i called Apple, was advised my iphone is now faulty and I need to return it to apple. When I stated that it only occured after updating to IOS6, the Apple employee advised "this is a hardware issue and you need to return it, its a problem with your firmware". Ive only worked in IT for 16 years, so i might not be as qualified as these Apple guys but as far as im aware firmware isnt hardware? So Apple wasnt any help either.

After 3 complete wipes of the phone, I managed to get it to pick wifi and download email. But the ipod literally take 3 minutes to play a song, im unable to save images, the IOS freezes, lags and reboots!

Ive been an apple fan for along time, but this time they can keep their iphone 5.

2. TJ5921 macrumors regular

There were at least 50 posts about this last night. I think you need to learn how to search better. Apple fixed it last night it was nothing you did.

3. FrogTastic thread starter macrumors regular

FrogTastic

You are mistaken on this, but thank you for your constructive input

4. liteshow macrumors regular

Had a similar issue with my 4s after ios6 upgrade. In order to not get that apple.com redirect page and get connnected to wifi, I had to turn off my 3G connection first, then join wifi and re-enable 3G.

5. FrogTastic thread starter macrumors regular

FrogTastic

Thats the issue that was resolved lastnight i think.

6. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

7. FrogTastic thread starter macrumors regular

FrogTastic

im my orginal post, i said the wifi issue was resolved