Apple dvd player 4.0

aussiep99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
Hi my daughter has a ibook with OS 10.3.9. I would like to try to get a download of apple dvd player 4.0 so she can watch dvd's. Wondering if anyone knows if there are any downloads for this out there. I tried the apple site, google, download.com ect. with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Paul

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
She should have a DVD player (can't remember what version) preinstalled in her Applications folder. It should just start when you load in a DVD.

aussiep99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
There is a dvd player version 2.7 but we updated the OS from 9.2.2 to 10.3.9 with a few other OS10.? in between. She has not run the dvd plyer since OS 10 has been on it. OS10 does not seem to read dvd 2.7. I restarted in OS9 but it didn't work. Error about monitor setting to high but cannot change it from 1024x768 no other opion on setting in control panel. Any other help out there would be appreciated.

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
Have you tried going to apple support and downloading the DVD update. I know the update to 4.6 is there, but I don't know if it will update from 2.7 to 4.6 but it might be worth a try

Apple Downloads

Opps my bad it says you need 4.5 for it to work

If you search the site linked about (make sure the restrict to downloads is checked) you can get other version updates. You may just have to install one for 3 then 4 then ...

aussiep99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
Thanks for the help but it didn't seem to work. DVD player 3.1.1 said it loaded succesfully but when i tried to open it all it does is flash on the dock on the bottom and disappear. While looking around the apple site i found a media player that i got to work, so my daughter can now watch her dvd's. The download is at the apple web site. Here's the address;

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/vlcmediaplayer.html

I hope this helps anyone who may have a similar problem. Again thanks to all who tried to help me.
THANKS Paul