Apple E-Gift Cards

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by intz2nu, Feb 5, 2016.

1. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Folks I'm curious to know where one could sell an Apple E-Gift Card. The balance on it is quite large ($2000.00) and most places online seem to ask for you to send in a physical gift card which is impossible given this is an E-Gift Card. Also it looks like a lot of places won't accept a card with a balance of $2000.00 or higher.

Oh and just a bit of info regarding the large balance on the card. The card's total balance was a total based off of A LOT of smaller dollar amount cards that was combined.

Any idea's folks?

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

3. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, MacRumors has a Marketplace forum, access to that is granted after being a member here for 6 months and have 250 posts.

7. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

How does one know what their current post count is? when I look at my profile I see a total of "messages" is that your post count? I know other forum's I frequent your profile will say "posts" or "threads" etc, on this board does messages mean post count?

8. chscag macrumors 68000

Just a heads up.... Selling Apple Gift cards whether they be the "e" type or actual plastic gift card is difficult. Lots of fraud involved with these cards and Apple could care less if you get ripped off. Not saying here that you're trying to commit fraud, but personally I would not buy an Apple Gift without first verifying that it's valid - in other words not a fake and not already used. Think about how you're going to assure the person who buys your card that it's valid. ;)

9. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Difficult? not sure if or where you've tried selling them but in the pass I would sell them on eBay, these were the free back to school gift cards that Apple would normally give with the purchase of a new computer. However given that my card is over eBay's limit of I believe $200 or $500 I'm unable to list it on eBay.

As for you not buying them unless their valid well there's quite a few ways one can prove its valid without giving out the cards full information cause I highly doubt anyone would be that insane to give out such info being that would basically be them giving out the card for free. I'm also sure anyone making payment (personally I use PayPal for mostly anything I sell or buy online when coming down to purchasing something from an individual that PayPal itself does offer security).

Anyway if selling the card was to prove being "difficult" I may very well just hold onto it and use it towards the purchase of another Mac and maybe just sell the Mac that was purchased using the card. Maybe it won't be too "difficult" and be a bit more easier to sell, whether it be here or on eBay where I've sold a lot of my Apple goods.