Apple //e

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by turtlesteve, Dec 29, 2008.

1. turtlesteve macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am not an Apple collector but came across an Apple //e (or IIe?) computer that was about to be thrown to the roadside. I think it was made in 1983 (It's older than I am!) as some of the manuals bear that date. It boots up OK but many of the floppy discs that accompanied it are bad.

Does this computer have any collector value or should I send it on to computer heaven (or hell)?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

It's written both ways; but by that time, it was pretty well known with the double-slashes.

That's kind of odd. The Disk II spec and interface are really quite robust. Maybe some data disks just require a boot disk to get started?

Yes.

No.

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

4. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

The value does depend partly on condition but also on whether it is a Revision A, B, Enhanced or Platinum machine so you could offer it for anything between $25 -$100 depending on the version. DOn't chuck it as they are still nice collectors item and you can pretty much guarantee finding a buyer.

5. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

6. goldfronts macrumors member

7. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

8. Roderick Usher macrumors regular

Even a Mockingboard clone, nice! It's a pity there wasn't more software that took advantage of it.

Any intention to acquire a ][/][+?