Apple earbuds defective?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by jshelton, May 5, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I have went through many pairs of Apple earbuds, and the same scenario occurs everytime. They work great for a while and then one side slowly starts to fade out. What causes that. The side always varies and it ends up giving no sound at all. What's the dealio???

2. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

Do this for me. Turn the volume to where you normally like it. Now take out the earbud and hold it 2 feet away from your head while it's playing something. If you can tell what song is playing, then you're one of those people who insist on having the volume up way too loud, louder than the speakers can handle, louder than is safe for your eardrums, and that's killing them.

If I've missed the mark, then I can't help you. I use my standard apple earbuds as I have for many years at normal volume levels (where the music still sounds good), and I've never had any problems with the 3 or 4 pairs I've had except when I lost, washed, or broke them.

3. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do this for me, Tipper. Don't waste time giving useless condescending answers.

I have a genuine problem with my earbuds.

Although, I have been known to really crank up my Ray Lamontagne and Amos Lee. Maybe you are right after all...

4. Redline13 macrumors 6502

The Apple earbuds really aren't that well made. I would just let them die and go purchase something that will sound better.