Apple Earbuds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBX, Aug 2, 2009.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Why o why did Apple go back to the old hard white buds again? Didn't Steve proudly announce like 2 years or 1 year ago how they switched to the soft in-ear buds?

I just can't wear these hard ones currently included with all iPhones/ Touches, they don't fit at all and hurt.

What's the deal?

2. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

What? The earphones have always been the hard ones...

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

they didn't switch them. The in the ear earbuds were,are an 80 dollar option. If you really want them buy them. Because that is your only option

4. jacobgaul macrumors regular

the $80 can be had for $40-45 on ebay i bought a pair at bestbuy and plan on returning the ebay ones.. the guy in bestbuy mobile actually recommened this route to me

5. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

You do realize these are not IN-ear ones supplied with the iPhone. They are to rest on part of the ear and held in place by the natural design of your ear just outside the canal. They cannot possibly hurt if worn as designed and will fit you.

The soft ones are ones that are in-canal earbuds.

Mike

6. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

The soft ones are soooo much better. Especially since the hard ones one fit in my small holes :eek:

there is a joke there somewhere

7. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

That's not true because I can't wear the earbuds either. I let them rest where they are supposed to, but the bud starts hurting my left ear after about 15 mins. and tends to fall out otherwise. Not all ears are created equal, & there is no one one design that fits all. I would actually prefer wearing the buds at work than using ear plugs, but they just don't fit me.

8. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

I dont want to be a hater here, but there are MUCH better options for that money.

I heard the Apple IEMs for a few...they are NOT great, however, they are NOT bad.

If you buying new, then 80$ isnt worth it to me...if you buy them used for say 50-60$ then i would say they were MAYBE worth it.

Are you looking just for IEMs?

9. Demosthenes427 macrumors regular

To all of those who are whining about the hard earbuds: Apple sells foam covers for the on-ear headsets that cushion it and help to keep them in your ear. I bought them for about $5 for a pack of four sets, and they work wonders.

10. Ericatomars macrumors regular

I've gone through two pairs of the in-ear headphones already... Alittle bummed that I dropped close 90 bucks for headphone that i lost sound in one side after a couple of months. I had the bose in ear headphones.. now those were good headphones... the nice thing is once the headphones start acting up I make a trip to the Apple store and they swap them out... Well first they try to give me a hard time then but then they wise up!

11. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

You have a link for that, because I've never seen them at the Apple Store and can't find anything at apple.com.

Edit: are you talking about these?

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

another fyi

any headphones will work the phone recognizes if the headphones have a mike so you get a call while listening to music pop headphone out of one ear and answer normal then go back to listening when your done. also Scosche just announced the IDR350M which has a built in mike looks nice MSRP at about $50 scosche link very nice $32 bucks at Amazon so do I need another set of headphone hmm Amazon's link

13. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

14. SuperKat macrumors regular

15. Ksg89 macrumors member

I liked the old ipod headphones, around the time of the mini. But the new ones, even though I love the microphone and buttons, just doesn't feel comfortable or sound that great. I use my Zune headphones for my black iPhone, not only looks good i love the feel and sound from them.