Apple earphones with remote and mic problem.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CSilver, May 7, 2010.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Alright, I am still using the standard earphones that came with iPod Touch 3G.
    Couple months ago, the remote and the mic decided to stop work. I thought it
    was the iPod's problem but when I plugged it in to my Macbook the volume control nor mic didn't work. So my questions is, did anyone experience the same problem? I didn't expect this earphone to last forever but I am really missing the functionality of the remote.

Is there anyway I could get this fixed replaced??

Thanks

2. ascendedoshen macrumors member

There is a recall bulletin on them

Same here apple replaced them for me very quickly!! Nice service!!

3. Stuck in Asia macrumors newbie

???

I have an 8GB iPod Touch that has worked flawlessly for the past nine months. I started watching TV shows on it while on the treadmill at the gym when the headphones dropped a channel. The unit is placed on the face of the treadmill with a bit of sticky tack so it is not bouncing, nor is the ear piece jack being pulled. The left channel is completely gone.

I took it in and the staff simply replaced it. I got home plugged in my headphones and it seemed the problem was fixed. A day later, no left channel again!

I do not use the standard white Apple earbuds. I bought a pretty nice Phillips set and it was the one giving me trouble. I bought another set thinking that maybe it was just fried. A day later, same issue. Here's where it gets really twisted...the white Apple ear buds work fine! I plug the Philips into my laptop and the left channel is gone. The Apples work fine. I am at wit's end.

Has anyone else experienced a third party headphone issue with their iPod Touch. I have forked out a hundred box each for the Philips sets and they only play the right channel after being used on my iPod Touch!

Help!

4. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the advice!!!

I think I am going to do the online service request!

One more question, my iPod Touch has been getting the white dust under

the screen itself. I thought it was under my Invisible shield so I removed it

but now i even have very visible "BIG" white speckle moving freely around.

Should I take it in as well??

5. KENEDJR macrumors newbie

I think replacing it with Apple is the best way and it had worked for me in the past but I ran out of warranty once and needed a new one, went on ebay and saw one seller that had sold over 1000 units, I went for it and everything is great after a few months. If you still under warranty just send them back to Apple, don't waste your money..
    Here is the headset I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170469933035&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT