Apple Earpods

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Coldsnow, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Coldsnow macrumors regular

I was thinking about buying a pair of these from the Apple Store. Can anyone who has these give me an honest review, do they fit and sound nice? How much better than the old Apple earphones? :rolleyes: Thanks

[​IMG]

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Honestly, I'm quite stoked to use these! They look great and are expected to sound great and I don't see too many other companies having better stock headphones. And if they break or something I can just take them to the Apple Store and use my iPhone's warranty to replace them, like with the previous gen headphones!

3. Archer1440, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

I've never been happy with standard i device buds, but these might be useful in the office where someone might want to talk with me, or when walking around or working out.

My Shure 535's totally block outside noise if the music is at a moderate level, I could be getting the full treatment from a Marine drill sergeant and I won't hear them. Great for flights. These won't be. And if they use the same drivers, a set of Sony buds in the $50.00 range will blow them away.

But as an included bit of kit they have to be better than the previous version. Certainly could not be worse than those silly things.

4. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

Just about perfect

I bought these today and didn't know what to expect because of all the hype. They did not disappoint. I have very tiny ears and the old earbuds were absolutely unusable (miserable from the moment of insertion). These don't need to "go inside" the ear canal but rather sit there just outside the canal. I am not sure how well these will stay in during significant motion (running, etc) but seem pretty secure when sitting around listening to music. The sound is excellent. Other than no having noise cancellation and letting in a little ambient noise (if the volume is low), I have no complaints whatsoever. I have used numerous other earbuds (Klipsch x10i and S4i) as well as beats tour. The earpods are easier to insert and no waxy comply foams to deal with. The sound is way good enough for daily use. Happy earpod user here. :D