Apple Education Discount after leaving university?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jb7, Apr 2, 2011.

1. jb7 macrumors member

I graduated last year but I still have the external link to my university's apple discount store (15% off). Moreover my university email address is still working (they're supposed to close your account when you graduate but for some reason mine still works... I can even still acccess the online library and all university resources etc )

Anyway.... can I order off the discount store and get the discount if I just use this email address?

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I don't see why not. I think most of those kind of discounts are also open to alumni. I graduated 3 years ago and still can get discounts from AT&T and Verizon through my college.

3. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Apple used to randomly check to make sure that Education discounts were actually being used by college students. I haven't heard of them doing this recently, and you probably won't get caught -- but it's worth noting.

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I assume as you get 15% off you are in the UK. Which means technically you should be a current student-

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/salespolicies_individualHE.html

Apple do randomly check a few people a few hours/days after ordering.

Just making sure you have all the information, you decide what to do.

5. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

Yeah... I don't think they have time to check everyone claiming edu discount these days with so many orders of iPad and MBP going in... so basicly, one could if one was so inclined, find out which school gets the best discount and potentially other with that discount ;)