Apple education discount (College)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FiiNCH10, Jul 28, 2011.

1. FiiNCH10 macrumors newbie

In small letters on the apple website it says students have to be on the college campus using their network to be enabled for student discount, could i not get this by going on the online store at home?
    Please help:)

2. cinek macrumors 6502

few options
    1. go to your college and login & buy
    2. go to your college, login copy the link and use that link at home to get a discount
    3. connect to a college server and use SSH tunneling to make it look like you're at college/uni (that's what I did)
    4. search on google, you'll find a link back to a topic on here where all the links have been posted

3. MKang25 macrumors regular

You don't have to be on a college campus to use the educational discount just go to their educational discount page and order it there is no verification process. They might ask you for proof that your in college after your purchase but not before and if they do just fax them your school transcript, or school id card.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

go into education store, select ur colelge and buy the thing LOL

5. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Here, in Japan, what you have to do is just bring your school ID Card and give it to one of the Apple guy and s/he will give a form to you, telling you which ones to fill out. Once you are done, they will give you an Ed.Discount at the store right away.

6. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Nah, everybody's all wrong. Just stumble to the Apple store smelling like puke and cigarettes, wearing a miller high life shirt, and a budweiser box on your head, and carry a longboard, while saying "hey Brah" or "I want a Mac brah"

They'll believe your in college

7. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

When we went to the Apple store to get mine, they didn't even ask to see an ID. They just went with it and gave us the discount...

8. mattnotis macrumors regular

That's what happened with me. I graduated in 2010 but I still keep my student ID in my wallet for discounts.