Apple Education Discount - Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Intel Inside, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Intel Inside macrumors 6502

Hey Guys!

Im in my second year of high school and i was wondering if was able to use the education discount.

When i click on the education store link on the side of the 'Store Home' it takes me to another page which says:- "School or any
    other education establishment."

Does the any other education establishment part apply to high schools?

Thanks!

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

IN the UK, there are 2 levels of EDU discount, 1 for school/college and one for HE (university).

You'd qualify for the first I think, but certainly not the HE.

Use the Educational store and choose "Buying for yourself", that should get you the discount online.

3. Nightline macrumors regular

Nightline

In the US, High school students do not receive a discount, but college students do. Teachers for any type of school with valid id receive a discount.

4. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

To get my education discount, I just hang around in the middle of the day, open up one of the Apple Store Chat windows, ask them if you can get an education discount on 'X' and they'll give you a link. Very simple. :)

5. Intel Inside thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey thanks Guts so far

BTW in the UK

Any more i should know??

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Is that so? Then our high schoolers get a better deal, my 11 yo daughter got a macBook for christmas (on my HE discount, I'm a lecturer) and 2 of her friends have bought them on FE discounts since.

7. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
  8. harrishimo macrumors member

technically if your in high school your not eligible to recieve any discount in the UK because its not a choice whether or not you go there

im currently in 6th form and am recieveing my macbook tomorow, youll notice though that if you click the bottom link on the education store discount, when it comes to getting it apple dont check if you attend a 6th form/college,

so id say go ahead and do that, you should be fine!!! :D

9. Intel Inside thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey thanks all of you for the advise

BTW in ordering the Mac Pro with 4x 2.8GHz cores (not the standard 8 cores)

10. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

you can order from the education store and when you check out they do not check to see if your actually a student but you might get "audited" and if they find out your not qualified then they might charge you full price or cancel your order. (thats just what i've heard)

11. Trix macrumors member

Trix

Do not try to low-ball the Discount privilege if you do not qualify. This is the reason that Apple would stop offering the discount, when people abuse it.

That being said, you may indeed qualify, the best way to find out is give them a call.

12. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Education discount is only for college or community colleges (whichever college applies on their list).