Apple Education Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spmiz12, Nov 30, 2010.

1. spmiz12 macrumors regular

Does anyone know how this actually works?? I have a son in College, plus a son in HS; however how is this actually verified?? Do you need verification from the school prior to the order shipping?? Does it have to bought for student??

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I'm not sure about the US, but in the UK you have to access the online education store via the IP address of a higher Education establishment.

Of course you could get you son to buy it with student ID in a physical store.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No IP address is required. A .edu email address may be required, however. It can be purchased by a student, faculty or staff. No verification from the school is required. Who you give it to is not relevant.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/findyourschool

4. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

All I had to do was select my school. Didn't have to use any special email address or ID. Don't even have to log in through my school's apple store.

5. dizmonk macrumors regular

I did the same thing.

6. nate8nate macrumors newbie

nate8nate

As did I, all I need to do was select the school. No email address or anything else was necessary.

7. thait3n macrumors newbie

If you were to go onto the Apple store and click on "Education Pricing", it will ask you to select your school. By typing in the school name or zip code. Once you find your school click next and you'll be able to get education pricing on your purchase. For example MacBook Pro 13in is a $100 off discount. Wheres the higher end 15in i7 and 17in i5 models are $200. $200 off is the most you'd get for the pro lines.

If you were to call and make a purchase via phone they'd ask for the school name or you can give them the zip code too.

If you were to purchase it in store, just tell them you'd like an education discount and as I've said before, they'll ask for the school's name and/or zip code.

Only reason why you'd be ask for an student ID is if you went to best buy and wanted them to price match Apple's student discount.

8. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

they dont check AT ALL, everything i buy, friends buy or anyone i know buy is from the edu store and they're not in uni or college and apple doesnt check/care

9. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

10. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I've just bought an MBA but would also like a new 13" MBP.

I'm uni staff so no probs there but I'm only eligible for one notebook a year according to the T&C. I wonder if they check that?

11. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

I've ordered from both the government (thank you internship) store and the education store and haven't received any checks. Maybe it's different elsewhere but I think you can basically select any school that doesn't require you to enter the name/password combo and you're in.