Apple Educational games?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MomOfThree123, Jul 3, 2013.

1. MomOfThree123 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm new here :) Found this forum while looking for some apps for my kids between the ages 4 and 10. We recently acquired an ipad and I am guessing this forum will be useful to me if I want some games to be recommended to them. I've only found a few. There is one Reading Eggs, another one where you get to match the animals with its feet lol and then another one called Animal Wiz where children need to recognize the animal sounds. That one is pretty cool, I didn't know the sound of an owl so a bit embarrassing in front of the kids lol but atleast they learnt!

So anyway my point is, are there any more educational apps out there for kids who're in the age group 4 to 10?

2. emptyCup, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

As a start go to the app store and under Featured select Games > Educational. Also, many parents of small children say their kids love the Toca Boca games so search for that (you will get more games for small children than just Toca Boca games). Many things will appeal to a 10 year old that are not actually games. Things like astronomy programs and wildlife guides (look under the category Education).

I am sure the parents who currently have children in your age range will be along soon enough. Good luck.

3. MomOfThree123 thread starter macrumors newbie

@EmptyCup

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Shall see what that is all about! Yep, hope some mothers come here and share their experience as well! Would love to get more recommendations of educational apps for my kids :)

4. MomOfThree123 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Well this is the iPhone and iPod touch section not the iPad but a mod will move it soon :)

Most games I have may be a bit young for your kids e.g

Pepper Pig games
    Curious George at the Zoo

This app is beautiful Farm123 but again, maybe a bit young.

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I'm not a mom, but I would imagine that Angry Birds has some educational value. It's like a fancy puzzle; many of the levels you only need one bird to hit a certain point. Angles, trajectories, structural integrity, lots of good STEM stuff. I'd recommend for the 10 year old, not necessarily the 4 year old.