Apple EFI Rom for Geforce GTX 780M

DriveSlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Germany
Hey guys, i recently upgraded my iMac 27" 2010 model with a Geforce GTX 780M card. It works like a charm, but i lost my boot screen.

Now i'm thinking about Flashing the EFI part to the BIOS rom chip but I didn't find any tutorials.

I have access to an iMac 27" 2013 with the 780M running. So, I could use the EFI part of this card to flash my own, but as I told, I don't know how.

FYI: I did a normal nvflash already and it worked, but nothing with EFI.

Thx in regards.

Npalamidis

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
Venezuela
Hello @driveslow,

Did you manage to get the 780M flashed with the imac EFI? Today I installed my card and it was working like a charm until I installed Yosemite beta 4 and it stopped working, I now can only access using screen sharing. My display is black all the time.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

DriveSlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Germany
Hello @driveslow,

Did you manage to get the 780M flashed with the imac EFI? Today I installed my card and it was working like a charm until I installed Yosemite beta 4 and it stopped working, I now can only access using screen sharing. My display is black all the time.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Sorry for the late answer. No, I wasn't able to flash my card. But sometimes I got the same issues like you. Did you installed the Nvidia Driver for OS X?

mhren

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
DriveSlow, were you able to find a dumped ROM for the 780M? I can't find one anywhere.
I know this is an ancient thread -- but with the failing graphics cards in the 2011 iMacs a 780M may be a great option .... especially if the ROM can be updated with the 2013 GTX 780M Mac version. Di you guys ever get a rom image pulled from your 2013 iMac ?