Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today revamped its online store and sent out emails to customers in preparation for the upcoming holiday shopping season. The new holiday promotion emphasizes gift ideas with a focus on iOS devices, Macs and Beats audio hardware.

appleholiday2014.jpg
Immediately below the tagline "From one gift come many," Apple places its focus on its iPad line of tablets, which recently were refreshed with the iPad Air 2 and the iPad mini 3. The company promotes the utility of the devices, noting how people can use the tablets to complete a variety of tasks, including choreographing a recital or exploring the North Pole.

Apple next highlights the Mac with an advertorial that entices people to create the next holiday classic in a subtle reference to last year's award-winning "Misunderstood" holiday commercial. Other showcased products include the Apple TV, new Apple Store gift cards, the iPhone and Beats by Dr. Dre audio accessories.

Apple traditionally offers a Black Friday sale to kick off the holiday shopping season with modest discounts on its product lineup. Apple has yet to announce its 2014 Black Friday promotion, but the company last year offered Apple Store gift cards with the purchase of select items including iOS devices, Macs and various Apple-related accessories.

Article Link: Apple Email Campaign and Online Store Update Highlight Holiday Gift ideas

Berti10

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2012
... yesterday they send me a Mail to ask me about my experience with my new iPhone 6 and iOS 8. :eek:

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
I think IOS 8 was one of the worst iOS updates yet.

You want me to buy more? Don't do that again. And come out with an iPad "Pro" (larger)

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
From that shadow it could be any tablet, it could be the nokia n1!
But hats off to apple agency creating good and creative ads for apple.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
The word "many" is barely distinguishable from the light colored background in that space. but of course, even the most subtle of a drop shadow would be sacrilegious these days...:rolleyes:

Its deliberate to get you to really focus and look hard at that area so you then notice the person on the right blowing a raspberry at you, haha we got your money haha

its also a childish cum joke (come/king)

well theres a lot of them if you look.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
I think IOS 8 was one of the worst iOS updates yet.

You want me to buy more? Don't do that again. And come out with an iPad "Pro" (larger)

Yes, large iPad please . Posted as a wish a few times, can be bigger than 12"
If I take my 17" MBP lid and imagine that as an IPad, would be quite nice.

And, don't be stingy with GBs 512 min!

Ready to buy now:)

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I see a reference to the birth of Christ and the Magi in this illustration.

To me, the boy wearing the crown represents one of the Magi. He is handing an iPad (his gift) to a woman (a mother, as she indicates by making the American Sign Language sign for "mom"). She represents Mary, mother of Christ.

The tipi/tepee/teepee symbolizes the manger in which Christ was born.

The stuffed toys (are those Pixar characters?), rubber dinosaur and Lego robot are the menagerie commonly associated with a manger.

And then there's that orange ball, arguably the brightest object in the room. The Star of Bethlehem, perhaps?

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
am I the only one getting this email sent to each of the emails associated with my apple ID? and not at the same time, one each day. Like come on apple for crying out loud stop working your way down the list :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.