Apple Employee discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kculloton, Jun 13, 2007.

1. kculloton macrumors member

You can't even buy any of the MBP line right now. It says the mbp aren't available right now. It suckssssssssssssss

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

So you are an Apple employee I take? What's the employee discount?

3. shiato storm macrumors member

maybe 'general public' get the new kit first then apple employees? can't see the reason behind it myself but there you go.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Well they don't offer manufacturer discounts either, at least I can get $1000 off the sticker price of a new BMW, but who the hell pays the sticker price.

Anyway what I am trying to get at really is that the Apple discount is rather decent and an Apple employee not using it to purchase a computer just so they don't have to wait a few weeks is kind of silly.

At least thats what I was told by a Sr. Sys Admin I used to talk with a lot.

5. vader26 macrumors regular

if i remember correctly its 25% off a system once a year. temp/holiday workers not included.

6. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

I was told by a worker 10% off anything in the store.
    Accessories bought from the back room are 15% off and 25% off for computers.
    I was also told that some software (such as Final Cut Studio) can get 50% off.

I have heard the once a year discount too but they didnt mention it. I didnt press them, I felt a little uncomfortable asking to be honest.