Apple Employee Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mlmorg, Oct 17, 2008.

1. mlmorg macrumors member

How long does it usually take for the apple employee store to show the new computers? My friend works there and is giving me the friend discount but was just wondering how long I'll be waiting...

Thanks

2. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

Umm, ask your friend who actually works for Apple? I don't think there are many Apple employees on this forum.

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I work at an Apple store and the new Macbooks will be.... Aww, crap I just got fired ;)

Seriously, ask your friend or call the store.

I called a local Apple store on Wednesday and they were in stock, but won't be on display until the next day. I called to confirm yesterday and checked out the display models.

4. slimpaul macrumors member

Why do you think so? Are you suggesting that Apple employees can't be Apple fans?

5. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

It can take months or weeks depending on fulfilling online and retail customer demand first.

6. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

No, I'm saying that Apple fans who are not Apple employees far outnumber Apple employees. But I may be wrong.

7. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

You may be surprised. A few months back, actually the weekend of the 3g launch, I was at an Apple Store and after talking to an employee I slipped in the question of what time frame did he expected to the new MB or MBP's would be freshed? Well believe it or not he told me there was a knowledgeable site about these "rumors" i was having about "mac's". Well about a week later I ran upon this great little site here:D

8. MSampson macrumors member

I walked into my local Apple store on Wednesday the 15th. They weren't on display yet but they went and got one out of the back for me to look at. We started it up and it started going through it's little video thing. Mostly I wanted to look at the old 17 inch and compare the screens. I was 95% positive I was getting the new MBP base model. After seeing a MBA which had a 13 inch screen and an old MBP 17 I happily purchased my shiny new 15 inch MBP with no trouble even though they weren't on display.
    I really noticed the glossy screen before he turned it on, but once it was on you don't notice it at all.