Apple encouraging me to unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Jul 14, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

So i was trying to activate legitimately my current phone (EDGE) to my current non-iphone tariff since i found out that i can actually do so but Apple have told me i can't do it because i have a US phone and would need a phone designed for my country to actually do it.

I ask what my options were at this point and they all unanimously said to search Google for an unlock tool and unlock the phone which i found kind of weird. I would think Apple wouldn't even dare mention unlocking but the 3 people i spoke to all said 'yeah just unlock'

Just thought that was weird

2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

haha yeah - when I bought my iPhone 3G on launch morning at the ATT store on 34th st in NY, the ATT employee asked me what I was going to do with my old iPhone. I told her i would be unlocking it, and then selling it on ebay for more than my new Iphone 3G costs. She got really excited about that and started telling all of her coworkers that they should unlock their phones and sell them too!

like you said... I just thought that was weird

3. jakeacc macrumors regular

AT&T and Apple sales reps and customer service agents aren't going to care if you jailbreak your iPhone. Their paychecks aren't dependent on how well the iPhone sells. AT&T and Apple corporate employees might care, though.

It's these same employees that leak pre-release photos and confidential emails to the web. They don't give a f:apple:ck.

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

5. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

Jailbreaking is better than losing you as a customer!