Apple Encyclopaedia iBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joroartcorp, May 10, 2014.

1. joroartcorp macrumors newbie

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For 3 bucks its not bad, but you can find everything that's in that book on the net if you want to do some leg work.

I'm not sure how handy it will come in for homework. It seems more like something someone who loves apple would enjoy just for the sake of enjoyment vs. using it for reference material.

3. simsaladimbamba

From this quote alone one should think, it is badly written or translated from obviously public sources.

All the information in that book will be publicly available for everyone, you just have to look a bit harder, though there are many websites dedicated to Apple's history.

4. joroartcorp thread starter macrumors newbie

I`m going to agree with You… But here everything is kind of combined in brief… Also Apple is kind of a mania for me so 3 buck… As You said, Just for the joy :)

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You should check out "Revolution in The Valley" which is about how the Macintosh was made, with some other side stories. (You can actually borrow it for 7 days free using the Kindle app on the iPad) It's basically Folklore.org in book form. I bought it for a school report I did 10 years ago.

6. joroartcorp thread starter macrumors newbie

According to the first chapter this is like "apple-history.com" or "Mactracker" as You say "in a book". But it is convenience to have it in the iPad all the time :)

7. joroartcorp thread starter macrumors newbie