Apple Engineers Confirmed Color Icons Finder/Mail Toolbars

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by 3282868, Apr 24, 2012.

1. 3282868, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012

3282868 macrumors 603

Wow, I am surprised to have just received this from Apple (possible NDA risk by posting, but given the many complaints I thought the info would be better than any repercussions):

Original Report Filed:

2. msh macrumors regular

That sounds like a stock reply. I think you are reading more into their response than is there.

3. jameslmoser macrumors 6502

Yeah, this basically just says someone else already filed this as a bug, so they are saying yours is a duplicate. It doesn't say apple engineers agree with the posting or are doing anything about it.

4. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Normally I might agree, but as I have ~15 bug reports open, only three have ever been given a response. Apple engineers do not write regarding a bug report unless they are actively working on it. For example, there was a bug in Safari ML in which links were not linked, required refreshing the webpage to make links active. Apple wrote me, in the same manner, and asked to follow up on the matter further. I did, working with a specific engineer. The same happened with power kexts causing kernel panics.

Engineers do not write emails directly to developers regarding open bugs unless they are actively working on a solution. I have yet to receive emails for the majority of the bugs I have filed that are listed as open and known.

ML engineers seem to be listening to the complaints regarding MC, Expose, Spaces, Versions (the last DP included unchecking that option), color icons, OpenGL improvements, and iCloud integration. It seems Lion will stay as is, and the feedback from Lion is being considered by the engineers for ML.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Stock reply for a duplicate bug.

All bug reports get looked at by someone and if they determine it's a duplicate, that's what you get. If not, they have more procedure to follow and then it waits to be worked on by an engineer.

6. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

If that's the case, why haven't I received stock replies for the majority of my open and known bugs that are marked duplicates since developing for over 7 years? I'll shoot a screen shot. The times I have received emails, even if it is stock, they are almost always followed by another requesting further investigation on my end in resolving the matter.

I've also found that other developers received similar emails today. The filed bug this references was filed a few months back. Why now? Why that bug when I have so many more open, acknowledged and listed as duplicates?

(and I'm really asking, not being rhetorical :) )

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

There's probably 1000 feature requests on this already.
    I have 3 or 4 feature requests listed as duplicates including gray icons.

9. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

So do I, since Lion DP1, but this is the first time I received an email regarding it. Just got another requesting further feedback on UI improvements (which is normally unheard of). I've only received a handful of direct emails from engineers regarding my filed bugs, which leads me to suspect Apple is considering it.

10. simbasounds macrumors newbie

simbasounds

SideEffects Colorful Sidebar

My installer, SideEffects brings color back Lion / Mountain Lion Finder sidebars.
    It uses SIMBL (not popular with some) and ColorfulSidebar.

It's been a bumpy upgrade to Mountain Lion, but it's pretty much there now.
    Decide for yourselves by reading the comments on MacUpdate.

[​IMG]