Apple Episode IV - A New Hope

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by KoolStar, Mar 6, 2008.

1. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I have always used Apple computers and love them to death. Recently I converted my parents to a new 24" iMac from their Windows Vista Basic Machine. Now that that is out of the way, all computers in the house are now Mac's. Here comes the story; the first router ever bought for the house was a Microsoft brand that came with a PCMCI wireless card. We bought this because my brother’s old G4 PowerBook did not come with an airport card (bought it from a friend and he ripped it out). So for a while this base station worked great, however it failed after only a year. I then bought a Linksys; It was good fairly reliable router for about 4 months if you call continuously dropping signal reliable. That was the second episode. I tried again with a Netgear, the problem then was that the signal was not reaching a great enough distance that was required, after only a mere 3 months it breaks down and quits. That brings me to a NEW HOPE. I finally decided after three previous routers, that an Airport Extreme was the answer. This was my last straw before going to a fully wired network. I bought it today, brought it home and right now I’m 3 houses down the road and I have over half signal with only 1 packet dropped out of 100. This router has far exceeded my expectations. Just as all of Apples products before have. I have a new hope that this is the solution to all my headaches. Sorry for the Geeky Starwars reference. Sorry for the terrible post to start I went and cleaned it up. It should not be proper to be on these forums.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Glad things are working out this time around. No worries in regards to your post title but watch your grammar, there were so many errors I had a tough time reading your post.

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg