Apple EPP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roland.g, Aug 7, 2007.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Does anyone know if the new iMacs are/will be available right away for Apple Employee EPP order, specifically CTO/BTO orders?

I know that sometimes to fill demand new product is 3-6 weeks behind on the Apple EPP channels, or sometimes it is available right away but only for base/stock orders.

I used to work as an Apple Retail Employee and still have a friend who does, so I could save about $400 of a 24" 2.8 iMac with a 750GB HDD. But I also would rather order today or tomorrow if it means not waiting another 3-6 weeks.

So, anyone with an Apple Employee Friend of Family member who has found this out yet.

Thanks.

2. audison macrumors newbie

My friend works at Apple and he was gonna hook me up with his EPP discount for a new iMac purchase. He just called me to let me know that it will be at least a month before he can order one. I'm really bummed. :(

3. RabidBear macrumors member

RabidBear

You may have a longer wait than one month. The Santa Rosa MBP's aren't up on the EPP just yet. :(

4. trojanman2011 macrumors newbie

The MBP delays are because the LED screens are in short supply, not because of the SR chipset. This problem shouldn't plauge the iMac.

5. audison macrumors newbie

Ah, well that's good to hear. I don't think I can wait more than another month.

6. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

No kidding, I've been waiting for the MBPs to hit EPP too. I gave in and picked one up with the printer and iPod rebates, and just sold off the parts.

7. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I called my friend on the 7th and he tolded me he just left Apple to move to Canada with his wife. While I know one other person still at the store, I just ordered it myself.