Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
So, the iPhone 12 exist, Tim and the rest of the executive team likely have been using their iPhone 12 for the past month, Phil Schiller likely since May (in extremely prototype form). Dieter, Marques, Jonathan and iJustine are being briefed with units on their way.

pcdtech

Suspended
May 11, 2020
What do you do when the AirPower design you shared with the public causes overheating and won’t allow for the phone to be placed on any part of the mat, and you’re embarrassed because the product you publicly announced never launched? You leverage a magnet-based design to drive the iPhone toward a single position on the mat, and you rebrand AirPower as MagSafe, a beloved prior product design. Really, really smart, Apple.

Reactions: decypher44

ShampyKumar

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2019
India
What do you do when the AirPower design you shared with the public causes overheating and won’t allow for the phone to be placed on any part of the mat, and you’re embarrassed because the product you publicly announced never launched? You leverage a magnet-based design to drive the iPhone toward a single position on the mat, and you rebrand AirPower as MagSafe, a beloved prior product design. Really, really smart, Apple.
Airpower is rebranded as magsafe because they have improved many things in it like placing magnets into it for better grip of iphones on wireless charger, i dont find anything wrong in it, atleast we are getting improved and refined product from apple after 3 years instead of faulty airpower, apple thinks best for their customers by giving them perfect product, not like other chinese brands who just give you latest innovation in your hands without any proper testings and later on customer loose their hard earned money and suffer a lot.

nikhil88

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2020
Cant wait for the iphone 12 mini. Hope the battery is not as weak as the leaks have been suggesting.

pcdtech

Suspended
May 11, 2020
Airpower is rebranded as magsafe because they have improved many things in it like placing magnets into it for better grip of iphones on wireless charger, i dont find anything wrong in it, atleast we are getting improved and refined product from apple after 3 years instead of faulty airpower, apple thinks best for their customers by giving them perfect product, not like other chinese brands who just give you latest innovation in your hands without any proper testings and later on customer loose their hard earned money and suffer a lot.
I don’t find anything wrong with it either. I think it’s a smart pivot.

ShampyKumar

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2019
India

As we approach the final days and weeks before an Apple Event, rumors and leaks tend to accelerate and this year was no exception. Our summarized What to Expect was published on Friday shortly after the iPhone 12 launch was fully detailed from someone considered a reliable leaker.

The event takes place on Tuesday, October 13th at 10am Pacific. You can watch online or join us here for our live blog.

appleevent2020_feature.jpg

Last Minute Apple Event Rumors

This past week has solidified our expectations for Apple's October Event with these final rumors:

Earliest iPhone 12 Rumors - A Look Back

It's easy to forget, but iPhone 12 rumors have been circulating for almost two years now. The earliest buzz came in late 2018, while concrete details of the specific form factors first came out as early as 16 months ago.
Many of the early rumors have actually held up and matches up with what is still expected on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, rumors for the 2021 iPhones have already been circulating. Here are some early rumors but we're sure to hear more as Apple starts ramping up suppliers for the next iPhone:

2021 iPhone Rumors - What's Next

We'll post any truly last-minute rumors tonight and tomorrow as we wait for Apple's event. Join us at MacRumors for our live blog or participate in the iPhone forum where readers are anxiously awaiting the event.

Article Link: Apple Event: Last Minute iPhone 12 Rumors and a Look Back
iphone 13 rumors will begin from next month (november)

Reactions: CVUSA

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
First iPhone for me since the 7 plus... I'm ready to come back baby! iPhone has always been about optimization and "experience" over hardware for me. I went to Android years ago because of "hardware" and I swear I really miss all the little things that Apple just does. T-Minus 13 hours!

Reactions: arn and StaceyMJ86

incoherent_1

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2016
No ARM Macs? No AirPods Studio? No AirTags?

I think I’ll be sitting this one out and will just skim the video later.

Reactions: AAPLGeek

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Any chance for a ‘one more thing’ surprise?

Good question. I think Apple has been getting away from that for years now. But if there was ‘one more thing‘, maybe the studio headphones or Airtags, It’ll probably be an accessory that they may announce, but it’s hard to say how they handle this, given it is entirely digital.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Pre-orders this Friday/launch the 23rd. I just hope for those of us getting a 12 pro max that might be delayed until November, that we can still place our orders on the 16th!

I would love to preorder the 12 Pro Max this Friday, even if it don’t launch a month out.

Reactions: DotCom2

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
This thread from April 2nd 2019 regarding a 5.42" full screen iPhone was I think the moment I finally engaged again in iPhone rumours, previously consigning myself to the thought that I would have to use an iPhone SE for the rest of my life ?

Maybe people ignored it because well ... DigiTimes

Last edited:
Reactions: decypher44 and arn

votdfak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
So, the iPhone 12 exist, Tim and the rest of the executive team likely have been using their iPhone 12 for the past month, Phil Schiller likely since May (in extremely prototype form). Dieter, Marques, Jonathan and iJustine are being briefed with units on their way.

Lew punching air as usual. He's such a hater.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Image at head is wrong - the tag line had been updated to Fast approaching before this item was posted.

Read the two together:

Hi speed fast approaching.

This could be pointing at one or more of:

Faster processor - A14
Faster memory - LPDDR5
Faster storage
Faster charging - especially wireless
Faster wifi
Faster cellular transmissions - 5G but possibly also improvements to 4G
Faster facial recognition
Faster camera lenses - lower f all round?
Faster focussing
Faster video frame rates
Faster delivery - from Apple stores?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.