Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kangyula

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2024
It might be a glitch with my local Apple store, but it seems the new Magic Keyboard is only for the pro. The Air still goes with the old one.

TheMacDaddy1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Merica!
For a certain demographic tablets make huge sense and these changes are welcome. For me...my M1 iPad Pro is a complete consumption device and nothing more. As long as I can still get streaming apps for it, it will not be replaced.

When I do replace it some day, I would have no problem going with a Samsung or whatever "tablet" best serves my consumption needs.

Reactions: sportdan31

ematerial

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2023

Apple's "Let Loose" event kicks off today at the unusual time of 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time, and we're expecting to see an iPad-focused event with new iPad Pro and iPad Air models, updated Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard accessories, and perhaps some other announcements.

5.7.24-Live-Coverage-Article.jpg

Apple is providing a live video stream on its website, on YouTube, and in the company's TV app across various platforms. We will also be updating this article with live blog coverage and issuing Twitter updates through our @MacRumorsLive account as the event unfolds. Highlights from the event and separate news stories regarding today's announcements will go out through our @MacRumors account.

Apple's online store was taken down approximately 30 minutes ahead of the event.

Visit article to see live updates

Article Link: Apple Event Live Blog: New iPads and Accessories Expected
NO ProRes LOG??

Joosst

macrumors member
May 10, 2012
YOU CAN’T KEEP SAYING “THIS IS THE BIGGEST UPDATE FOR IPAD EVER” when it’s just an incremental evolution. All credibility is lost. Have it run macOS and you can say such things. What’s the problem with just saying ‘we have made a nice little update to our iPads to make them a bit better’…? That’s what this is. Marketing only goes so far. We’re not stupid.

grad

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
Forgot about the event and only tuned in near the end. No new iPad Mini ? Yawn.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The nano-texture screen is available only with the 1TB or 2TB models. It will be interesting to see how it holds up.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
YOU CAN’T KEEP SAYING “THIS IS THE BIGGEST UPDATE FOR IPAD EVER” when it’s just an incremental evolution. All credibility is lost. Have it run macOS and you can say such things. What’s the problem with just saying ‘we have made a nice little update to our iPads to make them a bit better’…? That’s what this is. Marketing only goes so far. We’re not stupid.
It’s not designed to run macOS.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Overall a fantastic update, really cutting edge tech and I imagine the OLED is gorgeous, they just need to make the OS better. OLED 13” is tempting but I need a new Mac..

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
Maybe I missed it, but is the Apple Pencil Pro compatible with older iPad models?

If not, are they going to sell that one and the second generation both for $129?? Or will there be a price drop?

The entire iPad lineup is still a mess.

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2023
Was a Keynote necessary just to release a new iPad?
Introducing:
1) a new display type for Apple products; and
2) a new generation of Apple Silicon,
all makes for reasons to have the CEO put focus on these products, as Wall Street will like the idea of a refreshed product line being important.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA

MacOS is NEVER coming to iPad. Accept that. You want MacOS, buy a Mac.

This is not a little update. This is a MASSIVE update to the iPad Pro line.

USAJerry

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2016
I had to run out this morning so I missed it. But from skimming the updates, this appears to be the most orgasmically visceral May Apple Event in the history of May Apple Events.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
The most tempting thing about this is the screen. Tandem OLED will be sweet, and nano-textured glass would be welcome for outdoor working (or content consumption, more realistically). The lighter/thinner design is also tempting because the thing is still kind of annoying to hold.

But I'm surprised they didn't mention shrunken bezels or a slightly larger display. Also no mentions of software improvements which will probably be announced in June. Overall I'm holding off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.