Apple Event, October 26th

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by portuglish08, Oct 18, 2007.

1. portuglish08 macrumors member

I heard a few people talking about an Apple Event, but I am constantly on 9to5mac, macrumors and Appleinsider, and I don't recall any of them reporting that there was going to be a special Apple Event on the 26th. I know that a few retail stores are staying open late, but is there going to be an event at which they would be able to release "suprise products?"

:apple:Thanks!:apple:

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Do put a question mark in the thread title or some of us may get over-excited ;)

3. sananda macrumors 68020

what he said.

4. portuglish08 thread starter macrumors member

haha, sorry, Didn't mean to disapoint you! :D Let's hope there is an announcement though!

5. emac82 macrumors 6502

I worked at an Apple Reseller when Tiger came out, and we stayed open later because there was a lot of attention for the Tiger released, so it was sort of like a little mini-event. It was nothing except that Tiger was available for sale. Since the 26th if Leopards released date, I am assuming that is all it is.

6. klymr macrumors 65816

If I recall correctly, the first 500 customers at each store will receive a Leopard t-shirt in conjunction with it's release. I don't remember where I read it though.

Ok, I found it. Last part of the first paragraph found here. That's probably the Apple event you've heard about.

7. nvbrit macrumors 6502

nvbrit

There IS an Apple Store event from 6pm to 10pm at all Apple Stores worldwide to launch Leopard, however I think you are referring to a press event where Steve Jobs will officially launch leopard and maybe reveal some other new stuff. As the press would need to be notified today if there was going to be one tomorrow I am thinking at this point there won't be, but it doesn't rule out there being some sort of announcement next week.

8. Telefonkiosk macrumors member

9. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

He's talking about an actual Apple event, as in, at their campus. Leo Laporte mentioned this week that he'd gotten an invitation to come down to Apple's campus on Thursday, the day before Leopard was released, in addition to other members of the media.