Apple Event on ATV 4??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by aide199, Mar 13, 2016.

1. aide199 macrumors member

Will we have access to Apple Events on the ATV 4?? (I live in the UK)

Thanks in advance

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

You should be able to watch -- The Apple Channel usually doesn't appear until the right before the presentation might take a reboot to refresh app page ..

3. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

The Apple Events app will show up a day or two before the event.

4. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

5. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Can Apple still "force" these apps on us, to the ATV, given it's now got an App Store and the content is mostly user defined?

It's Apple, of course they can

6. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Wanna see "force"...? Get a FireTV, the entire home screen is an Amazon ad. Or, try Roku -- with 1/3 of it's home screen devoted to an ad.

7. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

Seriously I don't think half the babies in here that complain about everything have even used a FIRE TV ,the UI is a damn joke. There is nothing forced on you ok? you can delete any App you want, I know it takes a few precious seconds of your life but you will survive. Being forced is Tim cook coming to your house and making you watch the Apple Event, that is what being forced is

8. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I have the pleasure of a FireStick, which thankfully launches FireStarter immediately :)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2016 ---
    I have used one, and still stand by the "forced" line - as it happens, I'm more than happy to have the AE app, but coming from iOS I know how annoying it is having apps on my device that I can't remove

9. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

The Apple Events App is now available on the App Store, doesn't appear to auto-install

10. cynics macrumors G3

Thanks for the heads up. I was used to it just appearing. I guess it makes sense for it to not auto download since we are responsible for storage now.

11. bluespark macrumors 65816

They do not force load apps on the ATV 4 (other than the apps that are pre-installed when you purchase it).