'Apple Events' Launches on Apple TV App Store Ahead of Monday's 'Let Us Loop You In' Event

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
I know it's a low chance, but I'm hoping for a new 12in iPad Pro. The reason for my hope is that I saw the 128GB Cell model for sale for $879 (normally $1079), and that usually happens right before a refresh.

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2008
As far as a laptop refresh, I'd be willing to bet there's one coming soon, however, without as much as a squeak of a roumor this close to an event, it's probably going to not be till June at WWDC, bummer.

Reactions: Dydegu

Dydegu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2015
Pennsylvania
They usually do laptops and desktops at a latter date, like october.
As far as the rMBP: the first update was in February; the third update was in July, and the most recent fourth updates were in March and May... Only the introduction of the 13" and the second update occurred on a date after July (both October).

October doesn't make sense for the rMBP (both sizes) unless there's some sort of refresh on Monday or within a few months and then a redesign in the fall.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
What does it say about us that a two hour Apple commercial is must see TV for next week. :/

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Would be nice to get at least one of the laptops off the DON'T BUY list in the guide lol. Touchscreen, 2-in-1-ness, best Windows support for hardware yet, will maybe have a look. Still won't be able to compete with Dell on pricing, but we'll see.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Ha...can you tell I'm a bit excited?
For sure! =)
I get excited EVERY time...
& almost always for different reasons.
This time... I've REALLY been hankering for a new iPad (this is the longest between new releases yet!!!) I couldn't justify the Pro (although I was VERY interested in the screen tech allowing the pen & the four speakers). It sounds like both of those may find their way into a more affordable package and in a size I'm accustomed to. :) Next.... I'm getting ready to switch from VZW to ATT & take advantage of the iPhone BOGO they are running. Two of the ppl on my plan want a 4" iPhone... sounds like they'll be able to get one specced like a 6S & if the price rumors are true- they can bump up the storage a notch or two & still slide under the $650 price max for the free phone!

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
For sure! =)
I get excited EVERY time...
& almost always for different reasons.
This time... I've REALLY been hankering for a new iPad (this is the longest between new releases yet!!!) I couldn't justify the Pro (although I was VERY interested in the screen tech allowing the pen & the four speakers). It sounds like both of those may find their way into a more affordable package and in a size I'm accustomed to. :) Next.... I'm getting ready to switch from VZW to ATT & take advantage of the iPhone BOGO they are running. Two of the ppl on my plan want a 4" iPhone... sounds like they'll be able to get one specced like a 6S & if the price rumors are true- they can bump up the storage a notch or two & still slide under the $650 price max for the free phone!
I really enjoy watching the keynotes even if I'm not in the market for any Apple purchase, it's still exciting to see what's new and how it might work for you. I had an iPhone 5 for 2yrs and traded it in at Apple for credit towards the 6s. My 5 was still like brand new and still worked perfectly, the main reason was to keep my unlimited at Verizon and get back on a 2 yr plan to avoid the extra $20.00 monthly fee and keep my unlimited so I got the 6s. I've had it for about 5 months and I really don't like it much, the extra screen is great but I hate the power button on the side and I hate the extra length of the phone. So I'm seriously considering getting back to the 5 and the upcoming 5SE sounds like a great opportunity to do that. My only concerns would be that the sim card in my 6s would need to fit into the new 5SE to keep my unlimited and I also really need 128GB however I might be able to drop down again to 64GB would have to sacrifice removing a lot of my iTunes library from the phone.

Yeah I bought the iPad Air 2 and love it, super super fast, I even bought the iPad mini 4 to take on the go and love that one as well.