Apple Exchange Policy Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spacemtnfan, Sep 20, 2014.

1. spacemtnfan macrumors member

I am starting to have second thoughts about my iPhone 6+ and the size of this monster. I like most people on here pre-ordered from the website. I was looking at the Apple Return policy and it says the following "Note: An iPhone purchased on the Apple Online Store is ineligible for return to an Apple Retail Store."

Does this mean I am not able to exchange the device either as the exchange policy states the following though "Items ordered on the U.S. Apple Online Store that arrived damaged or are incorrect can be returned to any U.S. Apple Retail Store, or by contacting Customer service. " I don't want my money back I just want to get the smaller phone I'm reading about lots of people doing that so I just want clarification. I felt I could reach out to my follow forum members for advice!

Thank you all in advance

2. anobvioustable macrumors newbie

I traded my apple store online preordered iPhone 6 for a larger capacity one on launch day at the apple store no problem, just paid the difference. Of course I didnt even open my other phone yet. I would call them and explain to them, they should be able to accommodate you like they did for me. As long as they have it in stock for walk ins, I dont see why they wouldnt.

3. spacemtnfan thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much I will contact them in the morning!

4. Sharkey311 Suspended

I was on hold for an hour today. And the lady I spoke with didn't seem very knowledgeable about this exact issue. She said it would be fine to trade it as long as they had it in stock. I sure hope I can I don't want to be stuck with a 6 Plus!

5. thedavis5 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same situation and an apple rep on the chat today told me I couldn't do it in store and would need to send back the plus first. I'm going to try my luck in the Apple Store tomorrow anyway.

6. spacemtnfan thread starter macrumors member

Oh boy :( I hope it's not to big of a hassle cause I don't want to be stuck with this thing. I don't see why you can't return the phone to them like everything else. It just seems strange it's the one item you can't take back. I guess I will call Apple in the morning most of the stores around me have the 6 in stock it's the plus one everyone wants for some reason and we are returning them lol. To each there own it's just to big for my liking.

7. Sharkey311 Suspended

I just got this from their website:

Exchange an item

If you purchased your item from Apple in the U.S., you can take it to any U.S. Apple Retail Store for an exchange. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to in-store product availability. It's a good idea to check in-stock availability by calling the Apple Retail Store, or by viewing the product on the Apple Online Store to see if the item is available for pick up locally. Personalized items and custom-configured Macs may not be eligible for exchange at an Apple Retail Store.

Items ordered on the U.S. Apple Online Store that arrived damaged or are incorrect can be returned to any U.S. Apple Retail Store, or by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775.

Sounds like we'll be able to do it!

----------

Are you trying to get a refund or are you wanting to just exchange it

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Did you read through this thread?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1778843

9. thedavis5 macrumors newbie

Trying to exchange for the 6. They have them in stock and my local store.

10. Sharkey311 Suspended

I don't know why the chat person told you you couldn't when it states quite plainly on their site that if you bought a product from Apple in the US, then you can exchange it at a retail store.

11. finnftw macrumors member

Head over to local Apple Store and exchange your phone. Easy as that. I swapped my 6+ for 6. The whole visit took less than 10min. $100 difference was credited back to my credit card without me ever taking the card out of my wallet.

I ordered my 6+ from apple.com so it doesn't matter if you get your phone from their online store... it still can be exchanged in local Apple Store.

This doesn't matter but my phone is on ATT and I have grandfathered unlimited data plan. No problem whatsoever with the exchange or keeping the unlimited data plan.