Apple exchanged FaceTime pics with blurry ones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hachre, Jun 17, 2010.

1. hachre macrumors 6502a

hachre

Has anyone else noticed this?

Apple seems to have exchanged all pictures showing FaceTime with new ones that are blurry and pixelated.

The first pic is from http://apple.com and the second one is the equivalent from http://apple.com/de where this change hasn't happened yet:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pictures have also been changed on the sub pages and basically everywhere FaceTime is shown.

Any clue why?

2. Fredyt911 macrumors newbie

I hadn't noticed that. I have no idea what that could mean though:confused:

3. magga macrumors regular

So they have. Just checked the uk site too and they are still the original images, no idea why, perhaps they have had complaints of misleading images?

4. kenbrinkman macrumors regular

kenbrinkman

couldn't you tell the quality from the wwdc keynote demo? It wasnt spectacular...those clear pics are basically false advertising, even the "blurry" ones are pushing it.

5. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Because come June 24th everyone will know the truth. FaceTime = FailTime.

ahaha.

6. dougbrowne macrumors member

For a more realistic representation? Did you expect it to look perfect :rolleyes:

Can't wait to get my iPhone 4 :D

7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Maybe Germans are more in focus than the rest of us.:D In fact, I do look a little blurry in the mirror.:rolleyes:

8. kbade macrumors newbie

That is ***** shady.

However, they did do the live demo during the keynote, as far as I can remember the video wasn't "notably bad"... seemed good enough.

9. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Interesting... I hadn't noticed that either. Good eye!

10. Briview macrumors regular

Tell me about it! The demo wasn't that bad at all... but it's still not comparable to the more blurry and pixelated changes to the splash page image. Not sure if this can even be attained using the best lighting settings, since it's all VGA.

11. omegaphil6 macrumors 6502

it is blatantly obvious that facetime wont give you CRISP video and there are enough whine-bags out there to threaten lawsuit if their quality of facetime isn't IDENTICAL to that on the Apple site. Apple is covering its ass that's all... makes perfect sense and it completely justifiable.

12. hachre thread starter macrumors 6502a

hachre

That's just sad. But I guess you're right...

13. drewby macrumors member

drewby

Good catch. I wouldn't worry too much, apple (and others) fill the screen on devices with images all the time that aren't necessarily real world screen shots. Heck, look at the gallery page for the iPhone, those cannot be real pics, what with the perfect glass/gloss lighting, more likely computer generated.

14. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

yeah i mean its only VGA quality, correrct?

I wouldnt expect it to be that clear in the first place. Its funny because as i was looking at pics of the phone on the day it was on apples site i kept thinking, "These facetime screen shots have got to be edited"

Not that i really care, just sayin

Thats just Steve Jobs's way of doing things, giving consumers what they want - at low quality at first only so he can upgrade it later on so people go buy it again.

15. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Simple. Apple is know to bend the truth in their marketing. "Full Internet experience", showing Flashed-based images in ipad advertising, yada yada. It's good their starting to learn to be more truthful.

16. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

We all know we wont be video chatting in HD for at least 2 more years, from our phones that is....

Apple shouldn't have to use ugly blury pics on it's site. :(

We know its VGA....

now Apples site is less shinny...

17. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Shit... Well i guess we might as well just all cancel our preorders now.

/sarcasm