Apple Exclusively Selling DJI's Mavic Pro Drone in Limited Edition 'Alpine White' Combo

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

DJI today announced that its popular Mavic Pro drone is now available in a limited edition "Alpine White" combo exclusively through Apple.

The combo includes the drone, a remote controller, two extra batteries, two additional pairs of propellers, and an aircraft sleeve--all in a matching "Alpine White" color--for $1,049.95 in the United States.

DJI's Mavic Pro, which launched last year in a gray color, is a portable quadcopter with a foldable design that can fit in a backpack or purse. DJI said the drone is "practically the size of a water bottle" when folded.

Mavic Pro is equipped with a 12-megapixel camera able to shoot true 4K video and 1080p slow motion video. DJI's so-called OcuSync technology with Sport Mode lets you fly the drone as far as 4.3 miles away at speeds up to 40 miles per hour.

DJI's visual navigation system FlightAutonomy, new in the Mavic Pro, consists of five cameras, GPS and GLONASS navigation systems, ultrasonic range finders, and 24 computing cores to navigate and plan routes for the drone.

Mavic Pro's remote controller on left and folded size on right

Despite being smaller than every DJI drone except the miniature Spark, the Mavic Pro can still fly for up to 27 minutes between charges. The drone can be controlled via the remote controller or with an iPhone or iPad using the DJI GO app.

The limited edition "Alpine White" combo is available now on Apple.com and at Apple retail stores. Also included in the box is a 16GB MicroSD card, micro USB cable, gimbal clamp and protector, and a quick start guide.

Article Link: Apple Exclusively Selling DJI's Mavic Pro Drone in Limited Edition 'Alpine White' Combo

Nick A

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009
This is comparable to the fly-more combo that’s usually offered by DJI but at a lower price, which is nice.

I’d imagine seeing the white drone in the sky though would be much harder to spot. FAA regulations require visuals on the drone at all times, which is difficult with the usual grey color, never mind white.

Still it’s a good deal and definitely looks good.

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
It's interesting.... I was following the release of the Mavic Pro rather closely because it got such good reviews, and finally seems like the drone in the "somewhere around $1,000" price category that's worth investing in. I noticed every single Best Buy store around me had 5 or more units in stock, as well as the local Micro Center store. It didn't look like inventory was really changing much (so sales were pretty slow). But all of a sudden, Best Buy put the Mavic Pro "fly more" kit on sale for $250 off, and practically immediately, every Best Buy store within 50 miles of me was sold out and Best Buy online reported it as "unavailable" too. Makes me wonder if a few people had advance notice that sale was going to happen and they bought up all the stock as soon as it hit?

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Wow, that looks great. Great value too especially with the batteries. My girlfriend got me the red Phantom 4 for my birthday earlier this year but I haven’t been able to fly it because of Washington’s restrictive drone laws.:(

Reactions: deany

Charlie Phantoms

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
This is comparable to the fly-more combo that’s usually offered by DJI but at a lower price, which is nice.

I’d imagine seeing the white drone in the sky though would be much harder to spot. FAA regulations require visuals on the drone at all times, which is difficult with the usual grey color, never mind white.

[doublepost=1510765723][/doublepost]FAA has no jurisdiction over drones flying for hobby or recreation. From my experience a white drone is actually easier to see except with a background of clouds.

Last edited:

UnusedLoginID

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2012
i wish there was a study that showed which color or rather combination of colors and which patterns would be easiest to spot against different environmental background like blue sky, gray sky, green canopy, snowy/rocky mountains. Maybe one day we’ll pay such a high price for a drone you can actually see. Come on, white?!? I chose red and black for my small drone for a reason!

yockster

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
WA
Wow, that looks great. Great value too especially with the batteries. My girlfriend got me the red Phantom 4 for my birthday earlier this year but I haven’t been able to fly it because of Washington’s restrictive drone laws.:(

Yeah tell me about it, I got the phantom 4 pro this year, and there are so many laws in WA state that I can not fly, that I am about to just sell it.

Syk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
That looks pretty. I'm looking at buying a Mavic but it'll probably be a refurb

RemE

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
Looks great but it's not their newest technology, the Mavic Platinum is. And while white looks cool, it will be grubby looking in short order, especially the TX. If you are getting a Mavic, get the platinum as it's better across the board.

Zaqfalcon

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
For those concerned with visibility, there are loads of coloured decals/skins available that may be even better over white.

DeepIn2U

macrumors 604
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Does your girlfriend have any equally cool, pretty friends or sisters that want to move to Toronto? ;) jk

scottrngr

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2015

I have a hard enough time trying to see my gray one.

HWCM

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2017

DJI today announced that its popular Mavic Pro drone is now available in a limited edition "Alpine White" combo exclusively through Apple.

The combo includes the drone, a remote controller, two extra batteries, two additional pairs of propellers, and an aircraft sleeve--all in a matching "Alpine White" color--for $1,049.95 in the United States.

DJI's Mavic Pro, which launched last year in a gray color, is a portable quadcopter with a foldable design that can fit in a backpack or purse. DJI said the drone is "practically the size of a water bottle" when folded.

Mavic Pro is equipped with a 12-megapixel camera able to shoot true 4K video and 1080p slow motion video. DJI's so-called OcuSync technology with Sport Mode lets you fly the drone as far as 4.3 miles away at speeds up to 40 miles per hour.

DJI's visual navigation system FlightAutonomy, new in the Mavic Pro, consists of five cameras, GPS and GLONASS navigation systems, ultrasonic range finders, and 24 computing cores to navigate and plan routes for the drone.

Mavic Pro's remote controller on left and folded size on right

Despite being smaller than every DJI drone except the miniature Spark, the Mavic Pro can still fly for up to 27 minutes between charges. The drone can be controlled via the remote controller or with an iPhone or iPad using the DJI GO app.

The limited edition "Alpine White" combo is available now on Apple.com and at Apple retail stores. Also included in the box is a 16GB MicroSD card, micro USB cable, gimbal clamp and protector, and a quick start guide.

Article Link: Apple Exclusively Selling DJI's Mavic Pro Drone in Limited Edition 'Alpine White' Combo
Exclusive to Apple store only, EXCEPT, it's available through DJI, Best Buy and all other DJI retailers.
https://m.dji.com/product/mavic-pro-alpine-white-combo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.