Apple Explains: How to activate Unlimited 3G Service AT&T

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Amazing Iceman, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Apple started sending emails to (qualifying only?) iPad customers, which instructions on how to activate Unlimited 3G service with AT&T.
    it also explains the terms and conditions to keep in mind to avoid loosing it.

Hopefully this will be helpful to those who still have trouble getting this accomplished.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. vinotintoreggie macrumors newbie

My ipad arrived on the 23rd, got that same email also on the 26th, it's great for me because I won't get back home to activate till the 1st

3. Macuser1066 macrumors member

Mine arrived on the 23re as well, but when I called the number, they sent me to another number and then said I had to go to an ATT store!!! Good luck with this - I am so darned frustrated with this whole scenario, but I will not give up. Now I am never use more than 2GB, but I'll be darned if I will give up.

4. Amazing Iceman thread starter macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I have two numbers, one of them is the one that brings you directly to the people at AT&T who are supposed to setup us up with 3G Unlimited.

Here's the other number: 866-640-5125

Don't bother going to the AT&T Store; they wouldn't know what to do.
    If you still have trouble, call Apple, and make them figure out the mess. That's what I had to do.:mad:

5. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Amen

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Wow. What a pain.
    I didn't get that email though my iPad 3G was delivered after the June 7 deadline, but perhaps it's because I was able to activate on the unlimited plan when I received it (all three options were listed when I did).

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Having bought mine the day the 3G model came out, I'm thankful I don't have to go through these hoops. Having said that, I never stream anything when I'm using 3G instead of wifi, so my data usage has been around a gig a month. I'm thinking of dropping down to the new plan to save $5 a month as I still have double the capacity available than I have been using.

8. jannekh macrumors newbie

Thrilled that I kept scrolling through the topics. I've been dashing between Starbucks to avoid dealing with this issue. I'm heading on a road trip in a few days so guess I need to put this on the items to resolve. 1. Wash windshield 2. Fill up tank 3. Sit on hold for hours. :rolleyes:

9. infosprt macrumors regular

If you use the GPS/Google Maps on the iPad while on the road you may unknowingly consume quite a bit of data.