Apple Expo 2007 Paris

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stetwin, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Starts next week so I thought I would make a thread for people to discuse what there expecting to be announced at the event,

So far I am leaning towards a new MacBook line up to be introduced by the start of November, which if true will be good news for anyone looking to get a MacBook for Christmas!

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Probably nothing. Apple wasn't even there last year.

3. Stetwin thread starter macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Yeah I know but they’ve only missed lastyears and not done a keynote there for two, so I think they will want to show up with something to say to reasure the european market that apple do know were here and do still care about us

4. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

The macbooks are long overdue a proper update.

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

They just spent the past week announcing iPhone in europe... i don't think they forgot you.

Apple probably won't even be there.

No they aren't. According to the product cycle and their previous updates, they'll be due in November. So if you don't see them until Feb, then they're long overdue.

6. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

7. Stetwin thread starter macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Yeah but that’s not that same, I was meaning anouncing a product that isnt out at the Paris expo not starting to sell one that they gave to america back in the summer,

Hello said a propper update, which they are right in saying, MackBooks are due a decent update and where else to anounce it but in Paris next week, no doubt apple wouldnt start shipping them until atleast a month later anyway

8. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

The current MacPros are need of a price update. The new chips that are coming in November are far more faster for the same price as these old ones. I want them to demo an 8-Core with Leopard in Paris and release it when Leopard comes out. ... Who knows, Steve might just come out in Paris and say, "Leopard. October 26. See you then." And fly back to the states. haha.

9. foidulus macrumors 6502a

I'm going but....

as far as I can tell, Apple will be there, but there isn't going to be a keynote or anything(well, based on what I can gather from the site)

So I'm not expecting anything big, my guess is that they will have some stations set up running Leopard, but that is pretty much going to be it for stuff you cannot already do in an Apple store....

10. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Not true. I was there and so was Apple. I even made a Video of it and released it in my podcast feed.