Apple express question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tarheeldiver, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Tarheeldiver macrumors newbie

Sorry for asking a question on my first post but I have already learned how to use my macbook from you. Many Thanks!! I am trying to hook my Samsung tv up to the internet could I use an Airport express to extend my Extreme and plug my tv into the ethernet on the express and how would I set this up. Thanks

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

You sure can! In AirPort Utility, select the Express, enter Manual Setup, and once in the Wireless tab, set Wireless Mode to Join a wireless network and check off Allow Ethernet clients

http://aaron.stasis.org/wp/wp-conte...rPort-Utility-Living-Room-Airport-Express.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I just realized you wanted to extend the wireless network as well. You should be able to use the Ethernet port to connect the TV if you select Extend a wireless network too, but I can't confirm this myself.

3. Tarheeldiver thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't really need to extend just my choice of words I just want to be able to connect using the express instead of the Samsung WIFI adapter which I've heard can be a pain. My Extreme covers all of my house so I don't really need to extend. Thanks

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I do basically the same with my Samsung HTIB.

5. Tarheeldiver thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, see you a diver also, I love diving but that's another forum!!

6. Tarheeldiver thread starter macrumors newbie

Got new express setup went great and tv is working great. Thanks Everyone