Apple Extreme Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AMDGAMER, May 14, 2012.

1. AMDGAMER macrumors 6502

Long story short:

Had an apple 4th gen router, replaced it with a 5th gen. I'm getting signal drops, weak signal 20 feet away, etc. Called apple, did some things, they determined its interferrence. I looked up few things (cordless phones, other networks near by) and tried some stuff. So far I switched to the 5GHZ network mode, and ipad 2 seems ok, but its' still shaky on holding a signal all the time. iphone, macbook all having same issue and were talking a line of sight from one room to another. I selected wide channels, 5GHZ, lowered the signal power, etc. Is there anyone who has dealt with these issueS? For 180 bucks I expected a lot more from Apple. My 30 dollar linksys was much more reliable, and I'm disappointed.

** also forgot to mention my cordless phones were cutting out as well as the router..cable checked the connection, cable modem is fine..so I guess I need to do something with my portable phones?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

2.4Ghz has much better range and object penetration than 5Ghz bands. Is the 2.4Ghz also poor?

3. AMDGAMER thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually the 5ghz is hauling right now... Maybe I fixed it switching to 5ghz