Apple Extreme vs other stuff question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sadlittleemo, Jan 29, 2011.

1. sadlittleemo macrumors newbie

I am currently using the older draft n apple extreme and its starting to crap out on me all the time. I have to reset it alot and i cant cant seem to connect very well at times. I am looking to buy new now, and am going f--king nuts. I was wondering for the type of home system that i have would it be worth it to find another brand. I have a xbox 360 , 2 droid x phones , 1 pc laptop, an imac and a roku box connecting to this router now. I would like to connect a hard drive for media storage but i need to connect my printer also. it seems like you can do all this with the extreme but since this one crapped out im kinda worried. i would like the time capsule router but im afraid of the same thing happening with that one and losing important info. any suggestions? im up for any price range right now im just want want something to work and be able to connect what i want at this point. any help would br greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

They do wear out ... as someone who has used every one since the very first Airport Base Station... they seem to show their dying age by what you are describing... having to reset or restart to the point that you say... "what is going on here? I just did that a few days ago." I have a bunch all over the place with family and they all seem very reliable. The newest Time Capsule also seems to have been given more longevity since the first versions seemed to die all the time. I'd feel confident in suggesting them to you.