Apple fails. iMac never goes to process

Discussion in 'iMac' started by borgqueens, Oct 4, 2013.

1. borgqueens, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

borgqueens macrumors member

borgqueens

So after calling apple to know when to expect the iMac I ordered the 25th september with express shipping it turns out that my order was stuck in there system.

As it turns out Apple made a huge fail and my order was never entering the process line at all. After talking on phone and writing e-mails to apple they had to cancel my order and make a new one in order to make it right. So The iMac will not arrive anytime soon. It may first arrive the 18 october.

:mad: at :apple:

2. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

Sounds like a case of very bad luck. Contact them - you might be entitled to some form of compensation, you never know!

3. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Very bad luck mate, wondering where did it go wrong in the automated system. If nothing else, try to see if they can speed things up - express delivery for free, iTunes voucher etc. This shouldn't be happing when you need something for work etc.

4. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

5. borgqueens thread starter macrumors member

borgqueens

They can not speed my order op did ask. But I do get the battery charger and a tuchpad for free. I just looked my order up delivers between 17 and 20 october.

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Bummer that this happened, but at least Apple promptly got it straightened out for you and now you get some extra goodies at no charge. Drawback, later delivery date. Pros, you get more boxes to open.

7. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Everything happens for a reason. Just some more days. Time to plan other accessories and peripherals.

8. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

The 18th of October. Oh my. How will you survive a two week wait. I will pray for you.

9. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

did you travel to the future???

I'm sure there was some other problem here that is not being brought to light. Apple has thousands of orders go through the online store every day and I've never heard of an order getting "stuck"

THis is an automated process, it's not like some guy manually sits there and moves your computer through each step. Did you get an order confirmation after you ordered?

10. borgqueens thread starter macrumors member

borgqueens

lol ment 25 september :D

----------

Thank you mate that helps a little

11. Sanatogen macrumors member

Sanatogen

That's life. Sometimes certain events transpire not in our favour but it's something we will have to deal with without resorting to namecalling or excessive whining.

None of us are the arbiters of the universe and sometimes we just have to accept that due to human error, or whatever else, things go wrong.